AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world, reaching 50 million people a year through alltrails.com, Google Play, and the App Store. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from a community of 10 million+ registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-10 app in Health and Fitness and has been downloaded by over 20 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
AllTrails is looking for an experienced QA/Test Automation Engineer to build and maintain our automation suite for iOS, and Android. In this hands-on role, you will lead QA efforts to plan, schedule, and automate mobile applications in a rapid development environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Oversee planning and implement well thought out and scalable QA strategies
• Execute both automated and manual QA processes across web, iOS, and Android platforms to ensure delivery of predictable, high-quality product releases
• Drive best practices for test automation, test execution and test management
• Work with a close-knit team to identify trends, bugs, and escalate priority issues that need immediate attention
• Influence key Go/No Go decisions on product readiness
• Perform regression testing of existing applications before major releases
• Be the champion of quality in every phase of the development process
• 4+ years of experience in QA for web and mobile applications
• Ability to create test plans, define testing strategies, and identify high risk areas
• Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium or Appium
• Experience with RESTful API testing automation
• Obsessive attention to detail and appreciation of functional UI design
• Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
• Passion for problem-solving and the right attitude/aptitude for learning new technology in a fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner
• Curiosity, humility, empathy and open-mindedness
• Experience with Ruby or another object-oriented programming language
• Experience with SQL and databases
• Familiarity with ZenDesk, Jira, Github
• Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and processes
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.