Senior Technical Program Manager
San Francisco /
Senior Technical Program Manager
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you’ll institute best practices, manage the timely delivery of product roadmap projects and influence teams that design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software. You will plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. You'll collaborate with product managers, engineers and product designers to rapidly deliver product solutions that have a broad business impact.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage all aspects of technical program management including: timeline, scope, technical requirements, and resource allocation, and ensure on-time, high-quality product delivery
- Introduce best practices in tooling, automation, and process improvements
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to proactively understand their product development needs and opportunities
- Drive product development excellence, scale and efficiency throughout AllTrails
- Measure and track project performance using data, appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Identify and mitigate risks, proactively surfacing potential issues and unblocking obstacles
- Ensure cross-functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiativesFoster a culture of compassion and high performance that reflects our core values
- 5+ years of experience working as a Technical Program Manager or Engineering Leader, with experience managing direct reports
- Passion for program management, and an established track record of managing complex initiatives that span multiple teams and stakeholders while delivering value effectively
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence peers and managers, resolve conflict and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivation, critical thinking, and adaptability; you balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to identify risks to project success; develop effective action plans for remediation and resolution
- Create capacity plan, track utilization of project resources and manage this against the resource allocation and budgetManage day-to-day execution of project implementations
- Assist with the planning, tracking, documentation and status updates for the project
- Ability to drive difficult conversations regarding budget, resources and timeline and formally capture and communicate outcomes of those meetings
- Support multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Coda, and Github
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- You have demonstrable expertise in practice management for Agile development processes, both at the team level and at scale
- Startup experience or experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Passion for the outdoors
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.