Sr. Marketing Data Analyst
San Francisco /
Sr. Marketing Data Analyst
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
About the Role
AllTrails is looking for a high-performing individual and team player to join the growing digital marketing team. The main focus of this role is to develop and maintain dashboards on marketing performance, share insights, and provide recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Track and analyze performance of marketing activities (e.g. email marketing, push notifications, paid acquisition, etc.), assist with ad-hoc analytic requests, and develop/automate regular reports
• Empower the team with actionable insights to support acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization initiatives
• Develop standardized reporting metrics based on set marketing objectives linked to key campaigns and always-on digital marketing tactics
• Monitor KPIs, flag potential performance improvements to the team early and often, and keep team informed of progress towards larger team goals for the overall sales and marketing funnel
• Partner with teammates to develop and adapt testing frameworks, segmentation criteria, and forecasting models
• Identify technical and strategic gaps in our analytics infrastructure and proactively drive best-in-class solutions
• 5+ years of work experience in statistical or data analysis for B2C marketing teams
• Experience working with mobile-first subscription businesses
• Advanced proficiency in SQL and a statistical package such as R or Python
• Proficiency in building data visualizations and interactive dashboards with tools like Chartio, Tableau, Looker, or Grafana
• Hands-on experience creating, maintaining, and supporting data reporting and visualization tools
• Experience with building forecasts and behavioral models
• Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and needs little to no guidance
• Scrappy, creative problem solver who is willing to dive in wherever is needed
• Passion for the outdoors
• Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
• A quantitative degree in a field like Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Engineering
• Familiarity with Amplitude, Jira, Confluence, Coda, and Github
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.