San Francisco /
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 20 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
AllTrails is looking for a Product Manager to help launch and drive a new strategic, cross-platform initiative. In this role, you will guide the vision and development of features that help people connect with the outdoors and to each other, leveraging strong planning, communication, analytical, and collaboration skills. You will work closely with a passionate, cross-functional team across research, engineering, design, marketing and customer service to deliver amazing user experiences. This position reports directly to the CEO.
• Help define the product strategy for new core strategic initiatives, and be able to break a larger vision into discrete projects
• Deeply understand our users and their needs, and help guide our world-class team to produce and ship remarkable product experiences
• Offer data-driven insights about user engagement and propose features that have a meaningful positive impact on those metrics
• Serve as the communication hub and facilitate collaboration and alignment across engineering, design, marketing, QA and customer support
• Provide transparency and predictability of initiatives to stakeholders
• Work closely with the executive team and leaders across the company to help support growth in both US and international markets
• 6+ years of experience building and shipping high quality consumer facing experiences
• Highly collaborative team player who excels at building consensus
• Strong ability to focus on many tasks concurrently while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
• A natural, deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and constantly ask why
• Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Passion for the outdoors
• Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly
• Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
• Deep understanding of SEO best practices
• Experience in translation and localization
• Solid familiarity with SQL
• A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches
• Familiarity with Jira, Github, and ZenDesk
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.