Operations Associate - UK Trail Data Team Lead (remote)
Operations Associate - UK Trail Data Team Lead
Note: Position requires US work authorization and experience living in the UK
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join our Data Integrity team and create the trail guides that AllTrails users rely on for their adventures!
What You’ll Be Doing
• Ensure the ongoing accuracy of our trail data
• Manage a team of contractors also working on UK trail data
• Coordinate research tasks with your teammates and self-pilot through each sprint
• Provide feedback on the quality of the product delivered to UK users
• Assist with QA testing
• Must have some local knowledge of UK hiking and/or biking trails
• Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Capable of prioritizing tasks to identify the highest leverage opportunities
• Ability to focus for long stretches at a time on a single task
• Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
• Curiosity, humility, empathy, and open-mindedness
• Passion about mobile technologies and AllTrails’ mission to connect people to the outdoors
• Proficiency in multiple languages
• Mapping/GIS experience
• Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and processes
• Basic SQL
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.