Engineer Director (Beijing)
Alluxio is the developer of open source data orchestration software for the cloud. Alluxio moves data closer to big data and machine learning compute frameworks in any cloud across clusters, regions, clouds and countries, providing memory-speed data access to files and objects. Intelligent data tiering and data management deliver consistent high performance to customers in financial services, high tech, retail and telecommunications. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has received numerous accolades including recently being named: One of the 20 Coolest Cloud Software Companies of 2021. We are in a high growth mode with a lot of opportunities, looking for driven, enthusiastic and creative people to join our team!
The Head of Engineering, China oversees the team’s execution of multiple engineering initiatives in partnership with the Alluxio open source community, enterprise customers and other Alluxio cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for the rapid growth in the Engineering team in China; drive innovation and build software used for mission-critical SaaS and enterprise deployments with a strong focus on performance, scalability, high availability, and security. The China team will have independent ownership of key products and components. The position reports to VP Engineering.
- Build best in class scalable distributed system to help fulfill the vision "Data Orchestration for AI, Big Data, and Cloud"
- Actively recruit, develop and grow talent to develop a world-class Engineering team
- Lead, guide and evaluate the work of direct-report managers and engineers
- Embody the culture, communicate the vision and overall direction of the team
- Contribute to overall technical vision and strategy of the company
- Apply Lean/Agile values and principles to a software delivery team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent professional experience
- 12+ years of industry experience with at least 7+ years experience managing technical teams
- Experience building enterprise software or cloud SaaS products in the area of data/analytics, storage, networking or other related large scale software systems
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving initiatives from inception to completion
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Fluent communication skill in both English and Chinese
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or equivalent practical experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Experience contributing to and/or maintaining an open source project.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset, thriving at the intersection of technology and business.
- Worked in an English environment.