Community Evangelist (EMEA)
United States /
Are you passionate about technology, open source and community building? Do you love building relationships with developers around the world and helping a global community thrive? Do you have ideas on how to engage with new users and to bring them into our open source community and keep them actively and happily engaged? Do you have a delightful personality and excellent written and verbal communication skills that naturally bring people close to you? Alluxio, one of the most influential Java based open source projects, is looking for an experienced community builder to design, execute and manage programs that help scale our open source community building efforts.
Alluxio open source project (originally called Tachyon) was born at UC Berkeley AMPLab with the mission to orchestrate data for all data driven applications. The company is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz and has received numerous accolades including recently being named: One of the 20 Coolest Cloud Software Companies of 2021. Today, in addition to running critical workloads for thousands of users across the world. Alluxio has a vibrant community that has made countless contributions to the project. We are looking for a Community Relations Manager to work with our passionate developer community.
You will be a key interface with the Alluxio open source community to make sure they have a great experience with the technology, all the while bringing community insights back into Alluxio as you work with product and engineering to help us build the things our users need. You’ll need to organize developer focused activities, nurture new community leaders, engage with adjacent developer communities and otherwise do pretty much whatever it takes to ensure community success.
- Own and organize community-led focused events both online and offline in EMEA, with a special focus on cross-pollination with adjacent open source communities;
- Drive and execute metrics-driven action plans for evolving and growing Alluxio Open Source Champion program in EMEA;
- Drive the creation and distribution of user-friendly content to potential users and customers;
- Manage the engagement with existing users in EMEA in person or on social media;
- Drive community initiatives in EMEA to create community thought leaders and super users;
- Assist with the design, planning and execution of Alluxio Day, Alluxio Product School, Data Orchestration Summit;
- Conduct regular check-ins with community champions and core contributors;
- Triage, track and respond to community issues to increase social channel activity and adoption;
- Establish, maintain, and own the relationships with community members in EMEA;
- 1+ year proven work experience in building community, content and event marketing, product marketing;
- Hands-on experience in launching community initiatives such as building online forums, launching ambassador programs, and technical marketing content creation;
- Familiarity with Git, Github, and command line tools;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical audiences;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20%
- Experience in contributing and participating in open source software communities;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Technical or other related field or equivalent experience;
- A strong track record of operational improvement initiatives;
Alluxio is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.