Email Marketing Associate
Alo Moves is a fast-paced startup looking for an Email Marketing Associate to execute email campaigns that drive new user acquisition, engagement, and retention. As Email Marketing Associate, you will be expected to be a champion of your channel by leading strategic content creation, optimization experiments, KPI reporting, and coordinating with cross-channel marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate is a jack-of-all-trades who is not afraid to pitch new ideas then bring them to fruition, is constantly learning, and has the drive to push email marketing at Alo Moves to new heights.
Alo Moves is a tight-knit team of 20 people, located in the heart of Capitol Hill. This is a full-time, in-office role, with a competitive salary ($55-65k) based on experience, plus benefits. If you believe you would thrive with us, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and why you are a great fit for Alo Moves.
- Work closely with the marketing team and Creative Director to create, test, and send weekly newsletters, new product launches, and special announcements
- Lead A/B tests and experiments on everything from small optimizations to content strategy in evergreen campaigns. Curiosity, creativity, and constant questioning are a must
- Constantly assess and improve on the Alo Moves’ customer email journey; lead projects such as behavior-triggered retention campaigns, offsite lead collection and activation, new customer onboarding and re-engagement, and more
- Constantly assess and improve on the Alo Moves’ customer email experience; lead projects such as implementing email preferences and personalization, opt-in/opt-outs, targeting and email list hygiene, exploring new email marketing tools and integrations, and more
- Track, analyze, and report on email performance
- 1-2 years email marketing experience, using an email service provider such as Mailchimp, Salesforce, Iterable, Marketo, Intercom.io etc.
- Strong analytical background with ability to use data to learn and drive decision making; you are familiar with concepts such as statistical significance, sample size, and control groups
- Comfortable building emails in HTML/code editor, preferably with Litmus
- Thorough understanding of email marketing best practices
- Incredible attention to detail - typos and broken links don’t get past you
- Familiarity with marketing concepts such as user lifetime value (LTV) and churn, acquisition funnels, user lifecycle management, lead generation, and conversions
- Enjoys writing creative copy that is consistent with the Alo Moves brand voice
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics, Excel/Sheets, and custom URLs/UTM Builder
- Basic photoshop skills to make asset adjustments as needed
- Passionate about yoga, fitness and self improvement
- Willing to wear many hats and step up to new challenges
- Thrives in a small-team environment with a lot of autonomy
- Creative problem-solver that will hack, innovate, and collaborate