Who we are:
Alo Moves is a place where people can build their physical and mental practices in yoga, fitness, learn new skills (e.g. handstands), meditation, etc. by accessing highest-quality instructional videos on the market and tapping into a rich, vibrant community of other practitioners and teachers. We were one of the first to market to bring high-quality yoga instructions videos via cloud services as Cody. Now we’ve merged with Alo Yoga to increase our velocity, expand our reach, and continue to iterate on what it means to move mindfully using technology.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will not only be a manager but a leader of our growing team.
What you'll do:
- Manage and grow a team of junior and senior software engineers through mentorship, empowerment, and constructive feedback
- Set and drive engineering goals to support and sustain the team in the short and long-term
- Collaborate with Product and other cross-functional teams to solve problems and advocate for Engineering
- Lead and refine development and release processes to launch high-quality user experiences quickly and efficiently
- Deep technical knowledge - able to drive and vet architectural decisions and mentor others in doing the same
- Continue to develop and support a collaborative, inclusive, and open/transparent culture
- Drive hiring and recruitment for our growing engineering team
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience, 2 years as a manager or tech lead
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and creative thinking, capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty"
- Hands-on programming experience with backend web frameworks
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay with benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible work schedule and PTO
- Healthy snack bar and in-office workout area
- Positive company culture with frequent team outings