UX/UI Designer - Health Moonshot
Health Moonshot – Product & Services
Alpha is an innovation start-up based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Alpha’s mission is to create Moonshots: audacious projects that use radical ideas and breakthrough technology to address some of the biggest challenges in society. Moonshots are designed to affect 100 Million people or more, be a force for good on the planet, and grow into impactful businesses.
We are building a team to work on ground-breaking and life-changing projects in the health and energy sector. More Moonshots are to come in a range of exciting domains.
Alpha Health Moonshot
Worldwide, healthcare costs have been increasing faster than GDP for 50 years, whilst key indicators such as life expectancy have plateaued in many countries. The root cause is a change in disease burden; across the world, today’s biggest diseases and biggest killers are chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and mental health disorders. In fact, for every life saved from infections since 2000, we’ve lost two lives to chronic disease.
It’s now well-established that the main cause of chronic diseases is everyday behaviours such as poor diet, lack of exercise, using tobacco, excessive alcohol, or lack of sleep. Yet healthcare systems are not geared-up to manage such behaviours at their source. To make the challenge even harder, pioneers in neuroscience and behavioural economics have begun to reveal that people are not even really in conscious control of much of their everyday behaviour.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in neuroscience, mobile computing, and machine learning now mean we can help people to take control of their own behaviour, optimise their life, and limit the effects of unhealthy behaviour on their bodies and their minds.
To support our work, we are partnering with the best academics, developers, companies, and professionals around the world.
Alpha Health Moonshot: Product Department
Alpha Health Product investigates and creates new products and service that people love. The Product team exists of Product Managers, User Researchers, Service Designers and Strategists, a Creative Director, UX Designers, Visual Designers, Content Strategists, Creative Technologists and Growth Hackers. We also have a set of creative partnerships with leading companies and design schools.
Our team believes that the best way to get to good products is a combination of a clear vision, a deep understanding of the problem, the best people, and continuous prototyping and testing of hypothesis, concepts and products.
All of this to get to products which are simple, beautiful and effective to solve the problem we are here for: make people healthier and happier.
- 5+ Years experience in visual design for digital platforms.
- Experience with user-centred design processes
- Strong sense of layout, brand and identity, typography, colour, motion and interaction
- Up to date with current design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, modern prototyping tools, etc.)
- Capable of understanding customer needs, strategy and UX requirements to deliver designs that help achieve the product needs
- Capable of switching from broad conceptual thinking to executing pixel-perfect interfaces
- Experience working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Knowledge of web and mobile based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Capable of producing animation/motion solutions and demos.
- Good task management skills and the ability to brief other team members
- Ability to articulate and justify ideas and design solutions
- Be a team player capable of working collaboratively but also capable to work independently and solve problems effectively
- Capable of receiving feedback professionally and give feedback constructively
- Be a storyteller (verbally and visually) empathic, capable of dealing with change and ambiguity in a constructive way.
- Curious and highly passionate about design
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Based in Barcelona or happy to move here
· Design concepts and ideas into simple products and services that people will love
· Prototype product and service concepts in order to test and get feedback
· Prototype product and services with appropriate tools (For example Sketch and InVision, Flinto)
· Synthesize complex concepts into simple visual metaphors and visualizations
· Design visual styles for all services
· Collaborate with the user research team on concept and usability testing
· Guerilla test your own designs
· Work with the front end developer on the correct implementation of the design
· Participate in user research
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Casual dress code and open culture
- Flexible work schedule
- High social impact with world-wide reach
- Free daily catering for lunch and large stocked kitchen
- Weekly ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions with guests talking about the most varied world topics
- Work and learn with some of the very best minds in innovation and ideation
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!
Join us on this exciting journey if you’re motivated by making the world a better place, for real, by making a positive impact on society and by improving people’s lives. This is about solving really hard problems – not (just) about making cool things. You could personally have an effect on millions of people’s lives. Are you up for the challenge?