UX Researcher (Learning Moonshot)
Learning – Product
Alpha is an innovation startup based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Alpha’s mission is to create Moonshots: audacious projects that use radical ideas and breakthrough technology to address some of the biggest challenges in society. Moonshots are designed to affect 100 million people or more, be a force for good on the planet, and grow into impactful businesses.
We are building a team to work on ground-breaking and life-changing projects in the health and, now, learning sectors. More Moonshots are to come in a range of exciting domains.
Alpha Learning Moonshot
Alpha Learning’s mission is to radically improve human learning. To achieve that, we are building an Artificial Intelligence Tutor that grows with humans throughout their lives to teach them the skills they need to succeed in the future.
While our world has drastically changed these past 100 years, our education system has not kept up. Many children currently in primary school will ultimately be working in jobs that do not yet exist today. Yet they are being ill equipped, lacking the fundamental skills and abilities required to thrive in the future of work. Meanwhile, rapid population growth coupled with a shortage of teachers has created critical challenges for the education system on a global scale.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in artificial intelligence and cognitive science are finally unlocking the potential for us to create and deliver tailored and highly engaging learning experiences at a massive scale. To turn this potential into reality, we are partnering with world class academics, technologists, companies, and professionals from around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced UX Researcher who will work in a tight iteration loop with the research, product, and engineering teams to ensure we achieve early product/market fit and design growth into our product from the start. You will have designed and executed user research using disciplined, lean methodologies on multiple new products, probably in a startup environment. You will be able to command of data analytics and strong communication skills to convert research results into actionable insights. While this is not a UX design position, a design background is highly desirable to help translate research insights into product results. Our UX Researcher will make the difference between creating an exquisitely engineered but irrelevant product and building the solution that will change the way humans learn forever.
● Work cross-functionally with research, product, and engineering teams to identify research initiatives
● Generate hypotheses and lead experiments that discover user behaviour and attitudes
● Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as a/b testing, smoke-testing, customer interviews, surveys, focus groups, diary studies, usability testing, card sorting, empathy maps, customer journey mapping, etc.
● Conduct competitor analysis and benchmarking
● Quantitative and qualitative analysis of collected data, and compelling communication of your findings with relevant stakeholders
● Deliver actionable insights that result in product updates which help us find and cement product/market fit
● 5+ years’ experience in applied product research
● Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centred design methods
● Command of quantitative behavioural analysis and statistical concepts
● Strong analytical skills demonstrated through practical application of research methods and interpretation of data - experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics, MixPanel, etc. is highly desirable
● Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and users
● Design background is highly desirable
● Good interpersonal skills and team player with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
● Must speak and read/write English, Spanish a significant benefit.
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Casual dress code and open culture
- Flexible work schedule
- High social impact with world-wide reach
- Free daily catering for lunch and large stocked kitchen
- Weekly ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions with guests talking about the most varied world topics
- Work and learn with some of the very best minds in innovation and ideation
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!