Content Lead - Behaviour Change
Alpha Health – Product & Services
Alpha is a long term innovation facility created by Telefonica in 2016 to work on moonshot projects.
These are audacious projects, on the edge of what is technically possible, that will affect 100s of millions of people, have a positive societal impact, and grow into billion Euro businesses.
Worldwide, healthcare costs have been increasing faster than GDP for 50 years, whilst key indicators such as life expectancy have plateaued in many countries. The root cause is a change in disease burden; across the world, today’s biggest diseases and biggest killers are chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and mental health disorders. In fact, for every life saved from infections since 2000, we’ve lost two lives to chronic disease.
It’s now well-established that the main cause of chronic diseases is everyday behaviours such as poor diet, lack of exercise, using tobacco, excessive alcohol, or lack of sleep. Yet healthcare systems are not geared-up to manage such behaviours at their source. To make the challenge even harder, pioneers in neuroscience and behavioural economics have begun to reveal that people are not even really in conscious control of much of their everyday behaviour.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in neuroscience, mobile computing, and machine learning now mean we can help people to take control of their own behaviour, optimise their life, and limit the effects of unhealthy behaviour on their bodies and their minds.
To support our work, we are partnering with the best academics, developers, companies, and professionals around the world.
Behaviour Change Content Creation and Delivery
- Own the process to create content based on evidence and adaptation with copywriters/UX team to be ready for delivery. This includes the hands-on creation of content as required
-Definition, creation and delivery of behaviour change content that reflects techniques and principles from Neuroscience and Psychology
Expert Topic Ownership & Coordination Among Teams
- Serve as in-house authority on questions relating to mental health, behavioural science and/or healthy habit formation
- Collaborate with our Product, UX, Research & AI teams to design and develop new digital behavioural change tools, and define their content (either through managing external experts or through hands-on creation)
- Collaborate with product managers to prioritize the backlog according to our KPI results.
- Source and prioritize existing Alpha content for behaviour change
- Liaise with the academic partners (neuroscientists, psychologists, behavioural economists) and collect their expert inputs for creating de-novo behavioural change tools and content
Behaviour Change Content Strategy
- Define behaviour change metrics and monitor the performance (e.g., impact & engagement) of our behavioural change tools
- Conduct in-depth quantitative analyses (e.g., multivariate experiments and AB tests) and get insights on levels of effectiveness and engagement of the delivered content
- Drive product/strategic decisions based on assessments to continue moving forward to achieve the Alpha Health goals.
Management of Behaviour Change Content
- Monitor, implement, analyze and communicate KPIs and OKR measurements across Alpha Health (exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more)
- Clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, or therapist with experience in the administration of behavioural change interventions or therapies to mental health challenges (such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, or other psycho-social approaches)
Behavioural economist with experience in the implementation and execution of psychological principles to influence mental health and wellbeing-related decision-making processes and behaviour in large populations
- Exceptional knowledge of the state-of-the-art techniques in behavioural interventions and evidence-based approaches for healthy habit formation
- Ability to perform scientific literature and market searches and to benchmark metrics against science and industry best practice
- Ability to understand the advantages of data driven approaches
- Ability to collaboratively work to develop a successful content strategy & design digital behavioural change tools
- Solid understanding of development, implementation and evaluation of digital solutions for behavioural health
- Experience in content production
- Good understanding of statistics and the ability to distil statistical insights into conclusions and recommendations to develop and personalize app content
- Experience in writing for usability and mobile applications
- Prior experience leading and developing a team of subject-matter experts
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Casual dress code and open culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Robust relocation support
- High social impact with world-wide reach
- Free daily catered lunch and stocked kitchen
- Work and learn with some of the very best minds in innovation and ideation
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!