Customer Support Agent
Health Moonshot – Product & Services
Alpha is an innovation start-up based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Alpha’s mission is to create Moonshots: audacious projects that use radical ideas and breakthrough technology to address some of the biggest challenges in society. Moonshots are designed to affect 100 Million people or more, be a force for good on the planet, and grow into impactful businesses.
We are building a team to work on ground-breaking and life-changing projects in the health and energy sector. More Moonshots are to come in a range of exciting domains.
Alpha Health Moonshot
Worldwide, healthcare costs have been increasing faster than GDP for 50 years, whilst key indicators such as life expectancy have plateaued in many countries. The root cause is a change in disease burden; across the world, today’s biggest diseases and biggest killers are chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and mental health disorders. In fact, for every life saved from infections since 2000, we’ve lost two lives to chronic disease.
It’s now well-established that the main cause of chronic diseases is everyday behaviours such as poor diet, lack of exercise, using tobacco, excessive alcohol, or lack of sleep. Yet healthcare systems are not geared-up to manage such behaviours at their source. To make the challenge even harder, pioneers in neuroscience and behavioural economics have begun to reveal that people are not even really in conscious control of much of their everyday behaviour.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in neuroscience, mobile computing, and machine learning now mean we can help people to take control of their own behaviour, optimise their life, and limit the effects of unhealthy behaviour on their bodies and their minds.
To support our work, we are partnering with the best academics, developers, companies, and professionals around the world.
Alpha Health Moonshot: Product Department
Alpha Health Product investigates and creates new products and service that people love. The Product team exists of Product Managers, User Researchers, Service Designers and Strategists, a Creative Director, UX Designers, Visual Designers, Content Strategists, Creative Technologists and Growth Hackers. We also have a set of creative partnerships with leading companies and design schools.
Our team believes that the best way to get to good products is a combination of a clear vision, a deep understanding of the problem, the best people, and continuous prototyping and testing of hypothesis, concepts and products.
All of this to get to products which are simple, beautiful and effective to solve the problem we are here for: make people healthier and happier.
Currently we are looking for a part time Customer Support agent to collaborate with our user research and development team to provide the best user experience to our beta testers, users and channel their feedback directly to designers, product managers and developers.
· Customer Service experience with technical troubleshooting required
· Excellent written Spanish and English
· Affinity with 16-24 year olds
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Give great customer support online to our beta users (16-24 years old in Barcelona/Spain)
· Process all requests and suggestions with our user research team
· Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate responses
· Define future process and functioning of customer support
· Create support portal, documentation, canned answers etc.
· Use Zendesk and chat to service our customers
· Develop and refine customer success best practices and procedures
· Troubleshoot, research and escalate bugs to internal teams appropriately.
· Manage data deletion and access requests as required
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Casual dress code and open culture
- Flexible work schedule
- High social impact with world-wide reach
- Free daily catering for lunch and large stocked kitchen
- Weekly ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions with guests talking about the most varied world topics
- Work and learn with some of the very best minds in innovation and ideation
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!
Join us on this exciting journey if you’re motivated by making the world a better place, for real, by making a positive impact on society and by improving people’s lives. This is about solving really hard problems – not (just) about making cool things. You could personally have an effect on millions of people’s lives. Are you up for the challenge?