UX Senior Designer
Health Moonshot – Product & Services
At Alpha, we make it our business to bring together the very best minds in the world in order to do something truly unique. This means shaping the future - this means effecting change on the world - and it’s something we’re utterly determined to make happen.
We believe trailblazing a path across unknown territory is the only way to pave the road for others, which is why we’re constantly pushing the boundaries and thinking outside of the norm to turn our inventive visions into realities.
We’ve built who we are on values lead by thinking big and dreaming even bigger. Relentlessly we push the ideals of rigger, honesty and integrity - whilst still managing to remain curious, daring and unpredictable.
You may be surprised to know that a massive part of who we are also revolves around failure. Yep, you read it right. At Alpha, we love a big fail. That’s because we’re not ashamed of failure. Nor are we afraid of it. In fact - we embrace it, even celebrate it and crucially - learn from it.
Moonshots are the big ideas that keep the wonderful people at Alpha constantly interrogating what we think we know, as well as pushing the boundaries allowing us to find out even more.
One of these Moonshots we are pushing the boundaries is within the domain of Health
We know that health means more than healthcare.
At Alpha, we take health very seriously. Too often, health is described in terms of either illness or absence of illness, but it’s far more than this. We believe in a positive definition of health that encompasses everyday happiness and satisfaction with life, and we recognise that such a positive definition of health is actually very personal. For some of us, it’s perhaps as simple as a glorious day at the beach with your family or friends, or proving to yourself that you can run that 10k, or quitting smoking. For others, it could be finding the best path to finally working through our anxieties and worries.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in neuroscience, mobile computing, and machine learning will now mean we can think the unthinkable and help people to take control of their own behaviour, optimise their life, and limit the effects of unhealthy behaviour on their bodies.
That’s why we’re helping people take more conscious control of their everyday actions.
breakthrough solutions to meet these challenges head-on. To support our work, we are partnering with the best academics, developers and professionals around the world.
So, let’s start making a difference. See below how you can get involved with the Alpha Health mission today.
Along with data scientists, designers, engineers among others you will work to create engineering standards and bring quality to the new services and have a direct impact on the success of the product. People in our team are from diverse backgrounds as Finland, Holland, US, Russia, Serbia, Greece, Spain and Venezuela and we normally talk in English (or Spanish).
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio of your recent work demonstrating your ability to turn a concept into a successful product/service.
- You have a strong balance between the creative and the logical and strive to create simple, but effective user experiences;
- You adapt easy to tools and can work in Sketch and InVision;
- You love love love working across teams, incorporating feedback and criticism, explaining your ideas to others clearly;
- Lastly, you are driven by understanding the motivation behind someone's hidden issues and passionate designer who loves a challenge and is ready to make a change in the world!
What you’ll do:
- Ideating, connecting and designing products and services for all to love and understand based on user research;
- You’ll design the customer journey end to end with flows and touch points;
- Design wireframes, interaction models, interactions and transitions;
- Hybrid - design across uX, uI adapt tools to the problem
- You will work closely with the analytics and user research teams and you will collaborate with them on concept usability testing and improve on identified issues;
- You’ll own it! Taking on the overall responsibility for the design of the service, ensuring a clean and elegant user interface that works.
- You will be able to shape new experiences and work on impactful and meaningful projects.