Product Designer (Visual) - Temporary (6 months)
Alpha Health – Product & Services
Start Date for Product Designer: June
Please ensure your portfolio is submitted with your CV
Alpha is a long term innovation facility created by Telefonica in 2016 to work on moonshot projects.
These are audacious projects, on the edge of what is technically possible, that will affect 100s of millions of people, have a positive societal impact, and grow into billion Euro businesses.
Alpha Health is an innovation start-up based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Worldwide, healthcare costs have been increasing faster than GDP for 50 years, whilst key indicators such as life expectancy have plateaued in many countries. The root cause is a change in disease burden; across the world, today’s biggest diseases and biggest killers are chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and mental health disorders. In fact, for every life saved from infections since 2000, we’ve lost two lives to chronic disease.
It’s now well-established that the main cause of chronic diseases is everyday behaviours such as poor diet, lack of exercise, using tobacco, excessive alcohol, or lack of sleep. Yet healthcare systems are not geared-up to manage such behaviours at their source.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in neuroscience, mobile computing, and machine learning now mean we can help people to take control of their own behaviour, optimise their life, and limit the effects of unhealthy behaviour on their bodies and their minds.
Alpha Health Moonshot: Product Team
The Alpha Health Product team consists of a team of Product Managers, Product Designers, User Researchers, Service Designers, and Creative Technologists working collaboratively to create the best products possible.
Our team believes that the best way to create great products is a combination of clear vision, a deep understanding of the problem, expert talent, and continuous prototyping and testing of hypothesis, concepts and products. We believe this combination leads to products which are simple, beautiful and effective. We’re developing new products that explore new interaction patterns, combining behavioural science, cognitive behavioural therapy, neuroscience and machine learning to help people lead their healthiest lives.
We're looking for an experienced Product Designer to temporarily fill in for a team member. The right candidate has experience designing mobile applications in a collaborative design environment within a small, focused, team. You excel at both user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design with a great eye for visual design. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to translate complex content for targeted users into a beautifully designed interface, rich with great typography, illustrations and animation.
- Collaborate with the Lead Product Designer to translate concepts and ideas into simple products and services that people will love
- Synthesize complex concepts into simple visual metaphors and visualizations
- Design visual styles for a variety of services and user touchpoints
- Prototype product concepts for user testing and usability study
- Collaborate with the user research team on concept and usability testing
- Work with front end engineers to ensure accurate implementation of the design
- 5+ Years experience in product design or user interface design for mobile applications
- Strong sense of layout, brand and identity, typography, colour, motion and interaction
- Able to craft and manage the UX/UI Design System of our products
- Up to date with current design tools (Figma/Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, modern prototyping tools, etc.)
- Capable of understanding customer needs, strategy and UX requirements to deliver designs that help achieve the product needs
- Capable of creating innovative concepts and developing them from user testing through pixel-perfect design specifications for engineers
- Experience working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Knowledge of web and mobile based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Good task management skills and the ability to brief other team members
- Be a team player capable of working collaboratively but also capable to work independently and solve problems effectively
- Capable of presenting your designs, receiving feedback professionally and giving feedback constructively
- Be an empathic storyteller (verbally and visually), capable of dealing with change and ambiguity in a constructive way.
- Curious and highly passionate about design
- Fluent in English and, ideally, Spanish
- Based in Barcelona or happy to move here
Nice to Have
- Experience with animation tools for use in application interface design
- Experience managing freelance animators and illustrators
- Capable of producing illustrations
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Casual dress code and open culture
- Flexible work schedule
- High social impact with world-wide reach
- Free daily catering for lunch and large stocked kitchen
- Weekly ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions with guests talking about the most varied world topics
- Work and learn with some of the very best minds in innovation and ideation
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!