Chief Product Officer (Health Moonshot)
Health Moonshot – Leadership
Alpha is an innovation start-up based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Alpha’s mission is to create Moonshots: audacious projects that use radical ideas and breakthrough technology to address some of the biggest challenges in society. Such Moonshots are designed to affect 100 Million people or more, be a force for good on the planet, and grow into impactful businesses.
We are building a team to work on ground-breaking and life changing projects and products in the health and energy sector. More and different Moonshots are to come.
Alpha Health Moonshot
Worldwide, healthcare costs have been increasing faster than GDP for 50 years, whilst key indicators such as life expectancy have plateaued in many countries. The root cause is a change in disease burden – across the world, today’s biggest diseases and biggest killers are chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and mental health disorders. In fact, for every life saved from infections since 2000, we’ve lost two lives to chronic disease.
However, it’s now well-established that the main cause of chronic diseases is everyday behaviours such as poor diet, lack of exercise, using tobacco, excessive alcohol, or lack of sleep. To make tackling everyday behaviours even harder, pioneers in neuroscience and behavioural economics have begun to reveal that people are not even really in conscious control of their behaviour.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in neuroscience, mobile computing, and machine learning now mean we can help people to take control of their own behaviour, optimise their life, and limit the effects of unhealthy behaviour on their bodies and their minds.
To support our work, we are partnering with the best academics, developers, companies, and professionals around the world.
· Recruit and develop a cadre of world-class Product Managers, each charged with developing concepts into prototypes for market testing and then into products for commercial launch
o Understand what makes a Product Manager ‘world-class’ given Alpha Health strategy
o Provide ‘critical friend’ support to ensure timely, high-quality delivery
o Provide professional development to bring the best out of our Product Managers
o Be the first-point of escalation if/when there are issues in planning, design or delivery
· Develop, implement and iterate core innovation processes to ensure timely and high-quality product testing, and delivery
· Lead the Alpha Health team to create game-changing products based on the Alpha Health strategy; for each product
o Nail-down key points of differentiation (competitive advantage)
o Work closely with engineering, research and AI teams to understand the limits of what’s feasible within specific resources and timelines
o Pinpoint the proposition, target market, pricing, positioning
o Oversee the consistent definition of proof-of-concept, prototype and production launch
o Oversee the delivery of the defined product (by the stages set-out above) by Product Managers, Tech Leads and other Alpha Health teams (Research, AI, etc.) within PODs, problem-solving and solution-finding wherever necessary to meet the target quality-level and timelines
· Lead the creation of distinctive positioning for Alpha Health and instantiate this positioning in an emergent brand
· Very strong track record in launching digital services at Moonshot scale
· Excellent team management skills
· Excellent process management skills along the development funnel, from strategy to proof-of-concept to prototype to production phases
· Ability to distil high-level strategy and concepts into clear product hypotheses, discuss these with colleagues setting-out pros and cons and achieve commitment for a path forward
· Ability to communicate product hypotheses for proof-of-concept, prototype and production phases of development
- We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Casual dress code and open culture
- Flexible work schedule
- High social impact with world-wide reach
- Free daily catering for lunch and large stocked kitchen
- Weekly Lunch & Learn sessions with guests talking about the most varied world topics
- Work & learn with some of the very best minds in innovation & ideation
- Our environment is friendly and open, we are a democratic team that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills.
- Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!