Business Development Director - Employer Solutions
Boston or USA remote /
Alpha Health – Growth /
Alpha Health will soon become Koa Health. After 4 years of intense research and product development on breakthrough digital mental health solutions; Alpha Health is graduating from Telefonica’s moonshot factory.
Koa Health is a digital mental health company bringing high quality mental healthcare to people around the world. Targeting a significant market opportunity, Koa is building solutions that are comprehensive (from prevention to cure), effective (with a uniquely strong evidence-base), ethical (e.g., managing personal data), and personal (rather than one-size-fits-all). Koa launched its first commercial product in the US and UK in February (Evermind) and launches Mindset in the US later this year. In parallel, Koa is developing a pipeline of clinical products, including Perspectives and Foresight.
At Koa, we have built a fantastic team of designers, engineers, researchers, and commercial leads. We also partner with the very best clinicians and academics in the US, the UK, and Europe.
About the Role
We are looking for someone with the drive and passion for collaborating with healthcare innovators and large employers to deliver a measurable, sustainable impact on the mental health of employees in the US.
The primary goal of the Business Development Director, Employer Solutions is to source, nurture, and close partnerships and strategic sales for Koa Health’s regulated and unregulated product portfolio, with an immediate focus on Evermind, to drive market share and help us become a leader in the digital mental health industry.
We are looking for an independent, thoughtful individual with entrepreneurial spirit, someone who is motivated by creating, iterating on, and executing creative sales strategies. You will also work closely with other team members on our Innovation, User Research, Growth, and Product teams, serving as the voice of the customer as valuable input to guide product and marketing direction.
This role is based in Boston, MA (or virtual, based in the US), with a willingness to travel nationally 25% of the time in a post-COVID world.
- Work closely with senior leadership to lead and develop a sales strategy and targets for US employers, specifically with HR benefits and wellness leadership
- Identify customer needs through dialogue with prospects leveraging deep relationships
- Employ a combination of inbound and outbound approaches to develop leads into a strong sales pipeline and nurture leads from the sales funnel through to deal close, providing guidance to the implementation team through client launch
- Manage longer, complex sales cycles and work closely with product team as a key input to best practices to support Koa Health delivering on its value proposition
- Negotiate contracts and partnership agreements, balancing internal resources with client needs
- Manage a variety of accounts across different geographies; reporting back on insights and cases of user success to the wider Koa Health team
- Stay on top of market intelligence to quickly identify opportunities where available
- Provide guidance on direct and indirect competitors to help guide sales opportunities and ensure our products remain best-in-class
- Contribute to the development and sharing of best practices for partnership management and user success within the Koa Health team
- A passion for consultative sales within SaaS or similar technology
- Proven track record of achieving partnerships and sales targets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Agile and independent thinker, who relishes learning and new challenges
- Ability to source intelligence through formal and informal systems and networks
- Ability to structure, negotiate and close sophisticated deals with prospect executive leadership
- Must speak and read/write English fluently
- Finely honed oral and written communication
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to persevere through difficult situations and maintain composure and optimism
- Attention to detail
- Experience selling into HR teams at large enterprises
- Previous digital health sales experience
Koa Health Perks
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, 401k, life, paid vacation)
- Flexible work schedule
- High social impact with worldwide reach
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- HQ in Barcelona, Spain - right by the beach!