Basecamp – HR
Alpha is an innovation start-up based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Alpha’s mission is to create Moonshots: audacious projects that use radical ideas and breakthrough technology to address some of the biggest challenges in society. Such Moonshots are designed to affect 100 Million people or more, be a force for good on the planet, and grow into impactful businesses.
We are building a team to work on ground-breaking and life changing projects and products in the health and learning sectors. More and different Moonshots are to come.
Alpha is looking for a seasoned HR Director to lead the People function, reporting to Alpha’s CEO. The overall function of the role will be to lead the development of the overall organisation, drive results through demonstrating an extensive understanding of business priorities, using an advanced ability to navigate through ambiguity. It would suit a builder of a strong partnerships who is at home being a trusted partner/advisor to senior execs as well as across the rest of the organisation.
This performance coach for our high performing team needs to excel in extending their capabilities by working with others to ensure delivery and support is the primary focus. At the same time, you will offer continued partnership with our finance team to offer advice on reward, policies, etc.
• Be the Culture champion, both as a role model and in leading the team. Develop cross-company initiatives to help Alpha scale and strengthen the culture as we grow.
• Continue to lead the evolution of the Alpha culture with a focus on what it takes to deliver Moonshot innovation – for example, psychological safety, creativity, discipline, focus, teamwork, and performance
• Oversee the implementation and development of new programs and initiatives.
• Help conceive and execute Diversity & Inclusion initiatives that make Alpha a better and better place for everybody to work.
• Partner with team members to support an employee experience that makes them feel energized and empowered to make an impact
Business Partnering – Being a trusted confidant and safe pair of hands
• Provide a best in class business partner service to the leadership team supporting and challenging in equal measure
• Understanding the business priorities of each leadership team member and the HR implications
• Proactively providing HR proposals to enhance the business performance
• Ensuring that each team is compliant with the required HR processes etc
Employee Value Proposition
• Create and review a seamless employee experience (onboard, development and retention) across all teams and roles.
• Work in collaboration with the mobility team to serve as the conduit and project manager for employees and new hires
• Act as the primary contact for employer relations and partner with local counsel to manage compliance and exits alongside Telefonica ER Team
• Continuously monitor and evaluate the drivers of value for the employee base and make recommendations for any changes
Talent Attraction & Retention
• Ensure a thorough understanding of the talent requirements across Alpha at any given time
• Ensure talent pipelines are appropriately resourced at all times
• Ensure that Alpha’s TA strategy, operation, and process ensures a best in class candidate experience
• Formulate a suite of retention tools for key talent
Development of HR team
• Develop and oversee execution of integrated HR business plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business strategic and operational objectives.
• Lead in the development of the team’s goals, objectives and tracking
• Participate and lead the performance reviews for the different team members.
• Facilitate and maintain meetings routines with the team.
• Maintain, track and accountable for the annual HR budget.
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• Excellent communicator
• 8+ years as Senior HRBP/ HR Manager
• Proven experience in startup/growth organizations
• Management/Leadership experience (of a small team)
• Coaching/consultancy experience is an advantage
• MA in Organisational studies (Psychology. Sociology, Management) or MBA or Masters in Business/HR (desirable but not essential) or Relevant courses in the area of Organisational sciences
• Expert in Spanish labour law
We provide all the necessary help and benefits to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
· Great benefits package (health, pension, life)
· High social impact with world-wide reach
· Casual dress code and open culture
· Flexible work schedule
· Free daily catering for lunch and large stocked kitchen
· Weekly Lunch & Learn sessions with guests talking about the most varied world topics
· Work & learn with some of the very best minds in innovation & ideation
· Our environment is friendly and open, we are a democratic team that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills.
· Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!