Scientist/Senior Scientist (Molecular Biology)
We believe that good food should also be good for the planet and all of its inhabitants. By harnessing the power of plants, we are creating delicious and affordable substitutes to animal products that use a fraction of the resources, allowing us to feed more people with less. If you believe in our mission, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a bench scientist/senior scientist to join our Molecular Biology team. You will play an essential role on the R&D team by engineering molecular constructs.
- Design, plan and execute experiments to build out our library of molecular constructs.
- Utilize gene editing tools in plants.
- Establish methodologies and pipelines to support progeny and heritability analysis.
- Analyze, interpret data and deliver results for time-sensitive goals.
- Prepare presentations, technical reports, summaries and detailed protocols as requested.
- PhD in Plant Molecular Biology, Plant Genetics or any Plant related field
- Strong Molecular Biology skills (Gibson assembly, traditional cloning and all related molecular biology activities)
- Deep knowledge in Plant Biology is required
- Previous experience using gene editing tools in plants is preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to adapt to changing needs
- Self-motivated, independent, team-oriented, and a proactive driving force of execution
- This position is > 70% hands on at the bench
- Scientist rank will require +2 years post-PhD laboratory experience
- Senior Scientist rank will require +7 years post-PhD laboratory experience
Desired start date: Immediate
Alpine Roads offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits