Research Assistant/Associate (Biochemistry)
We believe that good food should also be good for the planet and all of its inhabitants. By harnessing the power of plants, we are creating delicious and affordable substitutes to animal products that use a fraction of the resources, allowing us to feed more people with less. If you believe in our mission, we would love to hear from you.
You are excited about our mission to create animal-free food and you will support our scientists in the lab by preparing samples and performing routine analytics and other types of procedures and experiments.
- Provide enthusiastic and high-quality support to scientists, enabling faster team progress
- Maintain and improve the high quality and consistency of routine biochemical analysis and sample preparation with accuracy, dependability, and careful record-keeping
- Making reagents, buffers, stock solutions, and maintaining inventories
- Protein extraction from plants and other types of samples
- Colorimetric and UV protein quantitation assays (Bradford, Pierce 660, UV 280nm) and chromogenic activity assays with spectrophotometers
- Protein gel electrophoresis and Immunoblotting (SDS-PAGE, IEF-PAGE, Native-PAGE, western blot, dot blot)
- ELISA and other high-throughput analysis assays
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelors degree in life sciences or similar discipline (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, etc.).
- Substantial experience in an academic or industry research lab as a full-time research assistant, research associate, or similar.
- Relevant experience working in a research lab setting
- Fundamental and applied knowledge of Biochemistry techniques
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, eager to learn, and team-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail
- Must excel at performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner
Alpine Roads offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits