We believe that good food should also be good for the planet and all of its inhabitants. By harnessing the power of plants, we are creating delicious and affordable substitutes to animal products that use a fraction of the resources, allowing us to feed more people with less. If you believe in our mission, we would love to hear from you.
As a lab manager, you will be in charge of handling day-to-day laboratory operations. You are expected to upkeep internal organization of the laboratory space in order to keep all scientific processes running smoothly and create a productive work environment for our team.
- Free up 10% of all scientists time to focus on higher value activities.
- Maintain all consumables, chemicals, and solutions stocked to prevent any delays in our time-sensitive work.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of laboratory work spaces, storage cabinets, fridges and freezers in order to improve the laboratory workflow.
- General lab maintenance.
- Prepare materials for autoclaving.
- Prepare common lab solutions such as 70% ethanol, 1X TAE, etc. (by following simple dilutions and protocols).
- Collect & dispose of hazardous and biohazardous waste.
- Keep the lab organized and fully stocked.
- Wash glassware.
- Help with equipment assembly and installation.
- Conduct routine calibrations on laboratory equipment.
- Enforce laboratory safety standards.
- Check in regularly with all scientists to ensure they have the tools they need to complete their experiments.
- Place, receive and organize all orders for multiple departments of our company.
- Update tracking information, expected time of arrival and any delays for any ordered materials.
- Maintain an updated inventory for the location of all materials in the lab.
- Identify new vendors, conduct product research and produce price comparisons to fulfill requests from scientists.
- Serve as the point of contact for all of our vendors and suppliers of laboratory consumables.
Required Skills & Experience
- You are excited about our mission to create animal-free food.
- You have worked in a lab setting (academic or industry).
- You are organized, detail-oriented, methodical, thorough and can handle multiple tasks at once.
- You are comfortable with delegating tasks.
- You are dedicated to helping our team of scientists carry out their experiments and accomplish their goals.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Quartzy.
- Familiarity with Slack.
- Previous work in a food technology startup or other biological science startup.
- Previous experience managing and delegating tasks to a large group of people.
Desired start date: Immediate
We do not offer relocation packages for this position.
Alpine Roads offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits