Director / Senior Director, Competitive Intelligence and Early Commercial Planning
Seattle, WA or Remote /
Executive – Corporate /
Alpine Immune Sciences is a leading clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing innovative, protein-based immunotherapies for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Exciting challenges lie ahead—guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges. Join us!
Alpine Immune Sciences is seeking an energetic and creative Director/Sr Director, Competitive Intelligence and Early Commercial Planning reporting to the VP of Marketing and Pipeline Planning. The successful candidate will work with senior management to develop and execute Alpine’s pipeline strategy, proactively track relevant industry trends and developments, conduct market research and support partnering discussions and early commercial planning. This is a critical leadership position within the Company. As such, the successful candidate will work closely with the VP of Marketing and Pipeline Planning and other executives to formulate Alpine’s overall commercial strategy.
• Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the Company’s pipeline and corporate strategy; clearly and compellingly support the delivery of this strategy to both internal and external audiences through written and oral communication
• Monitor and update industry and competitor developments, alert management, and prepare proactive and reactive communication plans as needed
• Support indication prioritization and early commercial planning activities across the organization
• Design and oversee qualitative market research studies, and leverage insights to inform strategic decisions around pipeline programs and BD opportunities
• In collaboration with other functional areas, design and facilitate live and/or online advisory board discussions with HCPs and other stakeholders, as needed
• Build and maintain Excel-based forcast models for indications of interest
• Support the execution and impact assessment of tactical programs, e.g. conference presence, social media, publication strategy and others.
• Lead competitive intelligence and conduct strategic analyses (e.g., competitive landscape assessments, gap analyses, comparable deals, etc.) required to assess and execute partnership and collaboration opportunities.
• Support deal structuring and negotiations with potential partners from market and competitive assessment through deal execution and post-deal activities, as necessary
• Work with the BD team/Chief Business Officer to evaluate corporate and business development transactions through market and competitive assessments.
• Ability to travel 10-25% of the time, mostly US, including occasional off-hours and weekend work for events and medical meetings.
Education, Experience, Skills
•Undergraduate degree in biological sciences or business, ideally followed by MBA or equivalent qualifications.
•10+ years of successful experience with increasing responsibility in biopharmaceutical commercial planning roles, including market research, competitive intelligence, data sciences, new product planning, business development, corporate strategy, in-house consulting and/or product marketing
•Candidates with equivalent experience in biotech/pharma investment banking, equity research, management consulting, venture capital, or biotech/pharma corporate strategy.
•In-depth understanding of the drug development process, small molecules, biologics, and other platforms in immunology and/or oncology.
•Strong analytical, forecasting, and financial modeling capabilities coupled with an understanding of financial accounting and valuation.
•Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple work streams and deadlines, balance opposing priorities and communicate effectively.
•Excellent written and oral communications skills.
•Self-starter with initiative and ability to execute once strategies are set.
•Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
•Strong project management skills; highly organized and detailed-oriented.
•Knowledge of MS Office applications and especially strong in Excel and PowerPoint.
•Experience/familiarity with social media strategy, tools, and technologies (e.g., Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn)
At Alpine we engage equitable workplace strategies to ensure fair compensation. Actual compensation is dependent upon current market data, experience, and pay parity within our organization. This position is a director level position up to a Senior Director position, with a compensation range of $200,000 - $235,000 for a Director and $260,000 - $278,000 for a Senior Director. This range could vary based on geographic location. In order to be considered for a position, candidates must be located in one of the following five states: CA, MA, NC, OR, or WA. We take care of our employees with a competitive benefits package that includes stock options, annual bonus, premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents, as well as life and disability benefits, FSA, and 401(k) plans. We believe quality time outside the office is vital to our employees’ satisfaction at work, so our flexible PTO plan of 160 hours, generous holiday time (generally 12 days), and parental benefits encourages team members to take time off so they can come back refreshed. Alpine team members enjoy competitive salaries and equity participation (stock options).
Alpinists share a passion for meaningful work and are committed to solving the most complex problems in immunology to create new therapies for patients. We believe in innovative thinking, collaboration, flexibility, bias for action, and healthy debate. To foster our team of outstanding scientists and business professionals, we provide a premier work environment with a state-of-the-art lab and office spaces with truly inspiring views, and an open design to facilitate teamwork.
Our treasured culture has been shaped by our diverse team who truly enjoys working and playing together. We nurture Alpine’s culture in many ways, including all-company social events and happy hours, lunch-and-learn and education opportunities, interest groups like book club and movie nights, peer-to-peer recognition programs, a robust wellness program to help support physical, mental, and emotional health, and more.
Alpine is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Alpine is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Our office and lab are located in the blossoming biotech neighborhood of Eastlake in Seattle. Alpinists enjoy the flexibility to work onsite, remotely, or a hybrid schedule, with evolving options as we prioritize keeping Alpinists safe and healthy. Onsite employees enjoy an open-office layout with comfortable huddle rooms and Zoom Room-enabled conference rooms, a spacious breakroom and kitchen with a coffee bar and snacks, and rooftop access to enjoy gorgeous views of Lake Union and Gas Works Park.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges. Join us!