Arlington, Virginia, United States /
Altarum Institute – Finance/Contracts & Legal /
The Subcontracts Administrator is an integral part of Altarum’s Contracts and Legal Operations Department. Reporting to the Senior Director of Contracts and Legal Operations, this position leads all subcontracting functions related to all grant and contract awards for projects (Federal, state, and commercial) that Altarum primes.
- Cradle to grave subcontracting duties for Federal, state and commercial clients
- Prepare, issue, and manage subcontractor Requests for Proposal (RFP) in support of proposal process
- Review subcontractor RFP submissions, including budget and budget narrative, for compliance with solicitation requirements
- With support from the Legal Operations Department, draft, review, edit, and negotiate Federal, State, and Commercial Non-Disclosure Agreements, Service Agreements, Subcontracts, Teaming Agreements, and Master Services Agreements to manage risk and ensure all contract clauses are compliant with applicable policies, laws and regulations
- Ensure overall compliance with internal policies as well as regulatory, FAR, grant rules, Uniform Guidance, and other legal requirements
- Review internal documentation to ensure accuracy of information and obtain internal approvals
- Work with all Operating Units to finalize agreements
- Prepare/comply with quarterly, semi-annual, and annual government and internal reporting requirements
- Maintain subcontract records in the Subcontracts CRM tool (Deltek Costpoint Subcontracts Management Module) as well as Altarum’s Subcontracts Repository
- Align closely with practice area leads to ensure all agreement issues are addressed and risks evaluated
- Administer agreement modifications
- Manage subcontract closeouts
- With support from the Contracts Department, document and manage all subcontracting policies, processes, and procedures, providing recommendations for process improvements, as necessary and appropriate
- Respond to all general subcontract inquiries
- Create and provide administration for Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders for direct projects
- Review and approve subcontractor invoices, as needed
- Ongoing tracking and monitoring of subcontractor budget, as needed
- 7 years of Subcontracts management experience preferrably with a Government contractor company.
- Experience managing contracts and CRM or other database
- Deltek experience preferred, but not required
- Motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Develop, execute, monitor, and drive process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.