Arlington, Virginia, United States /
Altarum Institute – Finance/Contracts & Legal /
The Contracts Specialist position provides support services in two key components of the contracting lifecycle, primarily supporting Federal contracting:
Pre-Award Proposal Support: Acquisition pre-award support includes: SOWs, Acquisition Strategy Support, Cost Estimating, Market Research & Market Surveys, Quality Assurance Plans, RFPs/RFQs, Source Selection and other miscellaneous pre-award documentation requirements.
Post-Award Contracts Management: Lead all post-award support, which includes, but is not limited to: Contract Administration, Contract Management, Contract Modification Support, Delivery/Task Order Support, Subcontracting, Reporting, Invoicing, and Closeouts. Additionally, provide guidance, recommendations and document support to multiple disciplined organizations in all areas of the acquisition post-award phase.
- Supporting a healthcare communications company with strong emphasis in Federal contracting and a state healthcare strategy company within the Altarum enterprise, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management of various contract vehicles and task orders awarded against a General Services Administration MAS contract, state contracts, and other blanket agreements as appropriate.
- Evaluate and monitor contracts and subcontracts to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, commercial/government regulations, grant requirements, and laws.
- Develop, prepare and present terms and conditions in proposals related to the award of contracts.
- Administering and provide interpretation of the terms and conditions of contracts and subcontracts of various contract types, including such aspects as preparing contract modifications, evaluation of performance under the contract, and contract termination.
- Review, Monitor and Track Deliverables and reporting requirements under contract with other organizations.
- Provide guidance to internal organizations with regards to acquisition strategy, contract types, contracting methods, and sole source and competitive acquisition strategies and procedures to state and government regulations.
- Act as the compliance resource to ensure proper documentation for contract files.
- Support contract reviews and audits
- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate with team members and with internal stakeholders to ensure high levels of service in contracts administration tasks.
- Along with department leadership, participate in establishing process flows, policies and procedures to monitor effectiveness as related to maintenance of contracts.
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of Contracts, Proposals, Government (specifically General Services Administration) and/or regulatory experience required.
- Strong knowledge of the Federal Regulations, General Services Administration contracting requirements, and other associated state contracting regulations.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of initiative.
- Thorough knowledge of all appropriate ethical standards regarding contracting actions.
- Must have experience managing a GSA MAS contract.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software (MSWord, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to assess needs, identify issues, summarize and present information/ recommendations and implement change.
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to set, track and report on initiatives, work status, and milestones.
- Strong ability and experience planning and coordinating to completion multiple concurrent tasks in a multi-deadline environment.
- Strong multitasking ability and ability to accomplish simple to complex tasks independently.
- Strong ability to support geographically dispersed internal and external customers.
- Strong ability to work well with others in a geographically dispersed team environment.
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.