Service Desk Analyst III
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States /
Altarum Institute – Information Technology /
Altarum seeks a highly skilled and motivated Service Desk Analyst to join our IT Service Desk team. This position is in our Silver Spring, MD office. As a Service Desk Analyst, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our computing resources' smooth operation and maintenance while providing exceptional support to our employees. This position will support the desktop computing environment, including PC and MacBook desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, mobile devices, etc., emphasizing MacBook support. This position requires a solid technical background, excellent problem-solving skills, and a commitment to delivering outstanding customer service. This position will involve in-person, on-site support in Silver Spring, MD, but also considerable remote support to additional offices and remote staff.
- Participate in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Altarum Enterprise computing resources.
- Provide Tier 1/2 level support for PC, MacBook, and mobile devices, troubleshooting various IT issues.
- Resolve advanced or complicated computing device issues, taking ownership of problems and ensuring timely follow-up on the status of cases.
- Coordinate with the Windows and Network teams to promote commonality and interoperability across all Altarum systems.
- Manage employee accounts and computers using Active Directory, Azure AD, , and Intune.
- Conduct beginner/intermediate training on a variety of Microsoft Office applications.
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer MacBook devices within an Active Directory environment.
- Perform daily administration and troubleshooting software and hardware issues on MacBooks and macOS.
- Stay up to date with developments in the IT industry and provide recommendations for optimizing speed and reducing costs.
- Maintain a central source of information to facilitate quick recovery from outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels.
- Be available on-call and respond to emergency issues during off-hours.
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to providing and maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and remaining focused and composed while troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira, Autotask, Freshservice, or similar tools
- Experience in implementing technology lifecycles and refresh processes
- Experience in application support, in addition to infrastructure support
- Experience with migration/upgrading systems from legacy to newer workstations
- Proficiency in various technologies, including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Networking, Encryption, Anti-Virus, VPN, Endpoint Management, Patch Deployment, and Software Deployment.
- Minimum of three years of Tier 1/2 level desktop computing environment support-related work experience.
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.