Senior Technical Assistance Specialist, Sexual and Reproductive Health
Arlington, Virginia, United States /
Altarum Institute – Population Health/Community Health /
Altarum’s Community Health Practice Area is seeking a Senior Technical Assistance (TA) Specialist with sexual and reproductive health(SRH) expertise to support national-level programming that promotes sexual health and wellness across the lifespan using a comprehensive and positive approach. The Sr. TA Specialist will work alongside and assist health centers by providing essential information to assist providers and staff in understanding, identifying, and addressing sexual assault-related health care needs.
The successful candidate will lead a range of TA activities, including virtual webinars and learning communities, development of TA
resources and products, TA site visits, training workshops, and individual TA to health centers, providers and community stakeholders. This position requires working effectively with Federal clients, management, contractors, and consultants. You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of SRH services and intimate partner violence and sexual assault crisis systems to generate insights that inform equitable public health and health services solutions. During your career at Altarum you will work on many projects and your specific tasks and responsibilities will vary across projects, with the potential for career advancement.
- Assess, plan, and provide training and TA related to the development and implementation of intimate partner violence and sexual assault patient-centered health care services to address patient needs
- Lead, design and deliver training and TA on a variety of content areas associated with increasing health center workforce skills regarding sexual assault intersecting priorities such as mental health needs and substance use
- Lead the provision of evidence-informed TA to health centers across the country, both virtually and on-site as needed
- Provide input to inform decisions regarding TA requests and processes, including determining scope of work, necessary resources, TA modality, timeline
- Provide consultative expertise and recommendations to providers and health center staff as requested
- Lead the development of TA packages, reports, memos, tools, toolkits, online learning courses, webinar presentations, and podcasts
- Recruit and collaborate with expert consultants to provide training and TA on a variety of relevant topics
- Work collaboratively with other Altarum staff on projects, and collaboratively with other external TA providers and subject matter experts
- Work directly with clients to ensure that tasks are executed successfully and with high-quality
- Contribute to federal, state, and philanthropic proposal efforts, as needed
- Master’s degree with 5-10 years of relevant work experience – or – Bachelor’s degree with 10-15 years of relevant work experience
- Experience providing TA on Federal contracts and/or with grassroots community organizations
- Experience implementing intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and mental health training to medical providers and health centers
- Proven ability to provide effective training and TA in the sexual and reproductive health space
- Experience in developing TA protocols, materials, resources, and tools
- Experience in knowledge transfer through meeting, training, and workshop design
- Experience in developing technological media learning strategies
- Desire to integrate research, technical, analytical, and consulting skills to serve the public good and improve human health
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking, willingness to step into new roles, strong communication and facilitation skills, team focused mentality, and a commitment to continuously learning and improving
- Knowledge and expertise in SRH systems of care and services
- Ability to travel and provide TA on-site, as needed
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship.
- Our organization requires that all work, for the duration of your employment, must be completed in the continental U.S. unless required by contract.
- If you are local to our offices in Arlington, Silver Spring, Ann Arbor, or Portland this role will be hybrid.
- Must be able to work during eastern time unless approved by your manager.
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.