Silver Spring, Maryland, United States /
Palladian – Strategic Communications /
Palladian Partners is a growing, full-service strategic health communications and marketing firm, serving federal health agencies and leading nongovernmental organizations. We are anticipating a Account Director opportunity soon that will play a central role in ushering in the firm’s next chapter of growth and success.
Our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional strategic communications, editorial support, distinctive design, and superior service to our clients is as unwavering as our desire to enrich people's lives with quality health information. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland, with the option for telework.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with at least 10 years of communications experience, including 3 years leading account teams supporting health communications initiatives. You will be responsible for working directly with clients, managing the account team, overseeing the planning and execution of communication campaigns and initiatives, working as part of an integrated project team, and growing talent. To be successful in the role, you must bring a robust attention to detail and a positive and solutions minded approach.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Work with clients to define overall communications strategy and project objectives
- Lead an integrated account team to execute the strategy and ensure the highest standards; provide counsel to teams and clients, including troubleshooting
- Serve as the day-to-day client owner and supervise 2+ staff
- Collaborate with team members to identify client needs and generate forward-thinking solutions
- Coordinate across multiple service areas onstrategy, editorial and content development, earned and social media, graphic design, digital and web development, andtimelines and workflows
- Coordinate with Division and firm leadership on account strategy, finances, and team management
- Monitor and track project budgets, deliverables, and deadlines
- Review the work of team members to ensure the highest standards of quality
- Contribute to the development of new business
- Minimum of 10 years’ experiencein a communications agency or firm; bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years managing communication accounts and overseeing team execution and client interaction
- Experience managing budgets and preparing estimates for client deliverables
- Experience managing and mentoring staff
- Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Willing to do the nitty-gritty work required to make a project successful
- Ability to collaborate and promote a positive relationship between colleagues, clients, and partners
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
- Internally this role is titled as a Project Director
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship.
- Our organization requires that all work, for the duration of your employment, must be completed in the continental U.S. unless required by contract.
- HHS Personal Identification Verification Badge: In addition to Palladian’s standard background process this role requires a government badge/clearance. More information can be found at: https://ors.od.nih.gov/ser/dpsac/services/know-before-you-go/Pages/getting-your-badge.aspx and https://ors.od.nih.gov/ser/dpsac/Pages/hot-topic.aspx
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.