Communications Associate (multiple open positions)
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States /
Palladian – Strategic Communications /
Palladian Partners is a growing, full-service strategic communications and marketing firm, serving federal health agencies (e.g., NIH, FDA, CDC) and leading nongovernmental organizations. Join us as a Communications Associate to support award-winning projects in the public health arena. You’ll have an opportunity to work on a variety of communications campaigns for emerging health and science topics and help clients implement innovative strategies. Palladian Partners is dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, consumers, stakeholders, and the public. If you are passionate about health and science communications and looking for a communications firm where making a difference is core to our work, come join us.
- Participate in planning, research, writing, and strategy development
- Draft correspondence, communication materials, reports, meeting notes, and other types of materials for internal audiences and client
- Coordinate with designers, writers, and digital strategists to develop creative and digital assets, including websites, infographics, and more
- Communicate directly with clients and external partners to implement strategies and tactics
- Develop project plans and track project activities, timelines, and quality reviews
- Support social and traditional media outreach, including strategy, content development, and analytics
- Collaborate with other team members to address challenges and solve problems proactively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team and with key stakeholders and clients
- Action-oriented, organized, proactive, and adaptable approach to project coordination
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Suitability for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Health, or related field required
- 2-4 years' of experience in communications
You’ll earn bonus points if you have:
- Communication firm experience or experience supporting multiple clients, grantees, or other internal or external customers simultaneously
- Familiarity with social media monitoring and tracking, including experience using monitoring software
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship.
- Our organization requires that all work, for the duration of your employment, must be completed in the continental U.S. unless required by contract.
- Must be able to work during eastern time unless approved by your manager.
- In addition to Palladian’s standard background process this role requires a government badge/clearance. More information can be found at: https://ors.od.nih.gov/ser/dpsac/services/know-before-you-go/Pages/getting-your-badge.aspx and https://ors.od.nih.gov/ser/dpsac/Pages/hot-topic.aspx
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.