Evaluation Analyst, Behavioral Health
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States /
Altarum Institute – Population Health/Community Health /
We are seeking an Evaluation Analyst for our Behavioral Health team to lead and engage in qualitative evaluation activities for a variety of projects. Our ideal candidate has experience leading program evaluations, developing data collection tools to capture meaningful program data; conducting qualitative data analysis; and developing reports and other communications that synthesize and present findings in compelling ways for a broad range of audiences. Subject matter expertise in behavioral health and experience with project management and proposal writing desired.
Areas of expertise within the Community Health group include behavioral health and substance use disorders, food and nutrition, maternal and child health, and sexual and reproductive health.
- Model the values of the organization
- Apply advanced knowledge of qualitative methods to study design; collection, processing, and analysis of data; and interpretation of results
- Apply principles of health equity into the design of data collection instruments, sampling approach, and data analysis
- Consult with clients and project directors to define need or problem and analytic solutions.
- Design and lead qualitative data collection (interviews, focus groups), and analysis (coding and thematic analysis in NVivo or other software)
- Synthesize and interpret results for a non-technical audience
- Use behavioral health subject matter knowledge and experience to formulate plans and manage project timelines and processes for completion
- Summarize progress and results for projects, using clear and concise written narrative and effective data visualization
- Engage in learning conversations with program leaders and stakeholders on evaluation findings and recommendations
- Provide mentorship to and oversee the work of junior analysts
- Oversee components of research, conduct studies, and evaluate results to advise on or recommend solutions, using knowledge of public health principles and/or related disciplines or fields of specialization
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Health Services, or related social sciences field with relevant specialized training in qualitative research
- At least seven (7) years of directly related experience conducting qualitative data collection (interviews, focus groups, case studies) and analysis using qualitative software
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to develop evaluation reports and products that effectively communicate findings to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills and knowledge of qualitative research and evaluation methods and design
- Content area knowledge and experience related to federal and/or state funded behavioral health programs strongly preferred
- Experience evaluating policy, systems and environmental change strategies, and community-based interventions desired
- Experience in project management, business development, and proposal writing strongly preferred
- Proficiency in all basic Microsoft Office software applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in qualitative analysis programs (NVivo or similar)
- Experience designing and producing effective data visualizations
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship
- Our organization requires that all work, for the duration of your employment, must be completed in the continental U.S. unless required by contract
- Location in Michigan or within driving distance to Lansing or Ann Arbor, Michigan is strongly preferred. If you are local to our office in Ann Arbor, this role will be hybrid
- Must be able to work during eastern time unless approved by your manager
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.