Long-Term Services and Supports Specialist
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States /
Altarum Institute – Population Health/Delivery Systems Transformation /
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit research and consulting organization that creates and implements solutions to improve the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. Altarum offers skilled clinical, quality improvement, research, and health policy experts in the areas of long term services and supports, military health, women’s health, behavioral health and substance use disorders, health disparities and equity, continuing medical education and quality improvement, public health interoperability, and disease surveillance. Altarum works with federal and state programs, providers, and foundations to improve the health of older adults and other publicly insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, and various state agencies nationwide.
The Delivery System Transformation team has deep roots in designing and facilitating policy change, and in leveraging policy to help create a broad public commitment to high-quality care for older adults and people with disabilities. The Long-Term Services and Supports Specialist supports Altarum’s efforts to evaluate programs that support older adults and people with disabilities through liaising with participating nursing homes to support and guide them through culture change efforts, troubleshoot any barriers to implementation, and engage nursing homes in robust quantitative and qualitative data collection. The Specialist will be a key contributor to Altarum’s comprehensive nursing home culture change projects and other projects related to long term services and supports as required.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience in nursing homes or other long-term care organizations. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be research-oriented and able to analyze data to provide data-informed recommendations for our nursing home partners. Occasional travel to visit engaged nursing homes will be required.
- Provide expertise and support for Altarum’s comprehensive culture change projects.
- Act as a liaison for assigned nursing homes: maintain partner buy-in and engagement, assist nursing homes with data submissions, troubleshoot evaluation obstacles, and craft resources and materials to support nursing homes in their culture change efforts.
- Lead and contribute to collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Participate in interviews and focus groups with nursing home staff and residents and distill qualitative data for publications.
- Participate in qualitative interviews and focus groups with staff and residents.
- Track individual nursing home outcomes and ensure partners and project team members are well informed of their status and progress.
- Assist in crafting publications and presentations that communicate evaluation findings to a range of audiences, including project partners, funders, advocates, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide additional project support as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in research and evaluation.
- Strong interest in health care policy, long term services and supports, and health care service delivery.
- Ability to synthesize data and communicate analyses in clear language for partners and other audiences.
- Knowledge of quality improvement frameworks and processes preferred.
- Proven track record leading, innovating, thinking strategically, acting with integrity, and exceeding client expectations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Social Sciences, Education, Public Health, or a related field.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in health services research or a related field.
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.