Arlington, Virginia, United States /
Altarum Institute – Human Resources /
The Executive Assistant will support our CEO and other members of the executive team by being highly organized, independent and efficient. Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to our executive team. This is an onsite position in our Arlington, VA office.
- Proactively manages the daily schedule, calendar, contacts, meetings (internal and external), conferences, and professional engagements of the CEO and other C-level executives.
- Responsible for excellence in dynamic meeting and event preparation, set-up, and follow-up including preparing presentations, agendas, materials, documenting notes, and coordinating follow-up items to completion.
- Participates in corporate initiatives, operations, and new business development efforts.
- Plays a key role implementing internal and external communications efforts for the office.
- Manages and coordinates various domestic travel arrangements and meetings for the C-level executives, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Prepares and submits expense reports for travel and other business expenses.
- Supports the C-level executives in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, and driving the appropriate prioritization of key initiatives.
- Serves as the C-level executives’ liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which includes coordinating quarterly Board meetings and dinners; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town Board members; processing travel reimbursement requests; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials.
- Support office administration and facilities activities as needed, including coordination of agreements with vendors, management of supplies and other activities.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience working with C-Suite management and/or government executives with demanding schedules.
- Ability to utilize tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgement at all times, but especially when exposed to sensitive or confidential material.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have strong time-management skills.
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and navigate priorities based on last minute changes.
- Impeccable verbal, written, research, communication (including social media) and deck creation skills, and experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially with composing memos, letters, and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Preferred experience with a consulting firm or government contractor.
Altarum is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of individuals with fewer financial resources and populations disenfranchised by the health care system. We work primarily on behalf of federal and state governments to design and implement solutions that achieve measurable results. We combine our expertise in public health and health care delivery with technology development and implementation, practice transformation, training and technical assistance, quality improvement, data analytics, and applied research and evaluation. Our innovative solutions and proven processes lead to better value and health for all.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.