VP, UX and Content Strategy
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States /
Palladian – Digital Strategy /
Founded in 1996, Palladian Partners is a growing, full-service strategic communications and marketing firm, serving federal health agencies (e.g., NIH, FDA, CDC) and leading nonprofits. Join us as Vice President, UX and Content Strategy and you’ll lead a portfolio of vital web and digital work; act as a primary point of contact for clients; design integrated strategies and solutions; meaningfully contribute to new business; and provide strategic leadership on complex projects, from the conceptual phase to execution and completion. This is a hybrid role; currently most team members report to Palladian’s office in Silver Spring each Wednesday and to other in-person meetings as required.
- Manage and mentor a team, and provide leadership on all aspects of UX and content strategy
- Lead development and refinement of processes for content design, UX and content strategy, user research, accessibility and analysis
- Work with clients and internal team members to understand client goals, define overall health communications objectives, tailor content to key audiences, write and implement content plans, and achieve client KPIs
- Ensure the highest standards of quality in all work
- Develop and grow relationships with clients and other team members
- Forecast staffing and budgets, contribute to resource allocation strategy, and work with leadership on hiring needs
- Meaningfully contribute to new business efforts
- Stay at the leading edge of industry trends and best practices and incorporate them into client work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven success managing client relationships and sizeable teams
- Direct experience developing and executing digital strategies, including wireframe creation, content modeling, content design, analytics, and user research
- Expertise in UX principles, design thinking, and content strategy
- Strong working knowledge of with content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, etc.), Google Analytics, SEO, and user research tools
- Proactive problem solver who identifies solutions quickly and creatively while mitigating risk
- Ability to prioritize multiple work responsibilities with competing demands, a shifting landscape and tight deadlines
- Laser-sharp attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Federal health communications is a plus
- Candidates must have a college degree and 10+ years of relevant technical experience,
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Prior communications firm and government consulting experience is strongly preferred.
- Internally this role is titled as a Team Lead, UX and Content Strategy
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship.
- Our organization requires that all work, for the duration of your employment, must be completed in the continental U.S. unless required by contract.
- HHS Personal Identification Verification Badge: In addition to Palladian’s standard background process this role requires a government badge/clearance. More information can be found at: https://ors.od.nih.gov/ser/dpsac/services/know-before-you-go/Pages/getting-your-badge.aspx and https://ors.od.nih.gov/ser/dpsac/Pages/hot-topic.aspx
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.