Manager, Content Strategy
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States /
Palladian – Digital Strategy /
Founded in 1996, Palladian Partners is a growing, full-service strategic communications and marketing firm, serving federal health agencies (e.g., NIH, FDA, CDC) and leading nonprofits. Join us and you’ll drive content and digital strategy efforts across multiple accounts from concept to execution. These activities include developing data-driven recommendations, content analysis, information architecture, and governance. You will work directly with clients as part of an integrated team, developing and planning digital projects and initiatives. Candidates will apply content strategy best practices in all their work. This is a hybrid role; currently most team members report to Palladian’s office in Silver Spring each Wednesday and to other in-person meetings as required.
- Work with clients and internal team members to understand client goals, define overall health communications objectives, tailor content to key audiences, write and implement content plans, and achieve client KPIs
- Create content strategy deliverables, such as content audits and matrices, sitemaps, content models, and taxonomies
- Synthesize research findings and analytics into actionable reports and recommendations
- Create and implement governance plans, content creation plans, style guides, and copy decks
- Develop best practices for permissions, workflow, governance, and updates within various content management systems
- Collaborate with UX strategists and analysts to create recommendations for content strategy and delivery channels across devices and platforms
- Ensure the highest standards of quality in all work
- Develop and grow relationships with clients and other team members
- Contribute to and execute on project plans and timelines
- Contribute ideas and creativity, develop content or produce materials in support of client goals and the user experience
- Establish and maintain subject matter expertise in content strategy deliverables and best practices, staying at the leading edge of industry trends
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Direct experience developing and executing digital strategies
- Strong experience with content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, etc.), Google Analytics, SEO, and user research tools
- Proactive problem solver who identifies solutions quickly and creatively while mitigating risk
- Ability to prioritize multiple work responsibilities with competing demands, a shifting landscape and tight deadlines
- Razor-sharp attention to detail and accuracy
- Drive to do the nitty-gritty work required to make a project successful
- Candidates must have a college degree and four years of relevant technical experience. Prior communications firm and government consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.