Presentation Writer for Executive Leadership
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States /
Palladian – Editorial Services /
Palladian Partners, an Altarum Institute company, seeks a full-time presentation and speech writer and storyteller to work on site with our client in Bethesda, MD. Palladian Partners is a health communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public.
In this position, you will interact with clients and professionals in science, medicine, and health, including senior leadership. To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate excellent written, PowerPoint, and verbal communications; be a careful listener and creative problem-solver; have strong interpersonal communication skills; and be able to produce high-quality speaking materials on tight deadlines.
- Serve as lead presentation writer and integrated strategic partner for the client’s Director and other senior leaders on heart, lung, blood, and sleep science topics, upon request.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development and maintenance of an editorial calendar for Director presentations in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Research and produce PowerPoints, talking points, and other briefing materials for presentations.
- Conduct and participate in meetings with the client’s Director and other senior leaders to gain thorough understanding of presentation topics, audiences, preferred approaches, and Director’s overall communications style.
- Efficiently find and analyze medical and scientific papers pertinent to a presentation topic.
- Collaborating across divisions and branches to obtain or share scientific or other information with subject matter experts in support of Director’s presentations
- Work with others to develop overall editorial structure and story arc (“pitch”) for a presentation and draft and/or edit content for the presentation based on approved pitch.
- Advise others on optimal format/platform for a presentation.
- Help manage and oversee a presentation database platform.
- Experience communicating with a variety of audiences, including members of the public, scientists, clinicians, patients, students, and policy makers.
- Experience communicating about scientific and medical research and its impact on public health, tailored to the intended audience.
- Experience using PowerPoint to produce clear, compelling presentations.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work autonomously, incorporate feedback from input providers, and meet all deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational abilities.
- 5+ years of experience in science writing for senior leaders in federal government (preferably NIH) or health care or science foundations, nonprofits, or associations.
- Master’s or doctorate in a biomedical-related field.
You’ll earn bonus points if you have:
- Experience in working with senior leadership.
- Experience working for or with NIH staff or NIH-supported researchers.
- Expertise in conditions related to heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders and research.
- Experience in maintaining/governing of a presentation library or repository.
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship.
- Our organization requires that all work, for the duration of your employment, must be completed in the continental U.S. unless required by contract.
- If you are local to our offices in Arlington, Silver Spring, Ann Arbor, or Portland this role will be hybrid.
- Must be able to work during eastern time unless approved by your manager.
Please include a link or attachment to samples of speeches you've written or writing samples in your resume.
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian's corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.