Operations + Administrative Coordinator
Opportunities with Alter's Partner Companies
About Kreyol Essence:
Kreyol Essence (KE) makes natural + ethical beauty products with ingredients from Haiti. Our signature ingredient is Haitian Black Castor Oil as well as Moringa Oil. Kreyol Essence products are formulated specifically for those with dry hair, dry skin and curly hair. As a social business, we create work for over 300 farmers and women, plant to conserve the environment and seek to empower the women who craft our products and the women who use them.
Scope of Work:
This is a key position supporting the administrative and logistical process of the company; supporting the COO in coordinating internal staff, suppliers and co-packers to efficiently execute our operational objectives. This position will perform duties administrative duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and events, as well as oversee warehouse staff and customer service. This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate who is interested in working at a rapidly growing and socially responsible company
- Assist Chief Operating Officer with day-to-day operations activities including operations and accounting data entry and filing, general maintenance of internet portals including inventory, shipping and bookkeeping systems, and assisting with freight logistics and purchase order tracking.
- Liaise with internal staff, suppliers and co-packers to achieve on time successful order deliveries.
- Supervise operations personnel, including create, assignm and direct daily work duties.
- Reward personnel and make performance recommendations.
- Assist with job performance evaluations.
- Administrative support: facilitate raw materials, production and office supply ordering.
- Assist with travel arrangements and trade show/special events preparation for CEO & COO
- Monitor and manage customer service inquiries
- Associate’s degree and four years of advanced training, education, or experience relevant to performing administrative tasks and basic accounting
- Must be proficient in a variety of word-processing, database, and spreadsheet software applications and programs (Specifically MS Office Suite).
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must have organizational skills, able to multi-task, be self-motivated, and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to travel to Homestead.
- Must be available for 24-40 hours weekly.
- Multilingual; French, Spanish and/or Haitian. Creole (preferred)
- Previous employee supervision (preferred)
- Experience with manufacturing, CPG, Supply Chain and/or Project Management. (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a continuous basis throughout the work day
- The employee is required to move around the office.
- Some off-site work and/or travel will be required.
This job description is not a comprehensive listing and is subject to change at any time and will include other tasks and duties as assigned.
A background screening and reference check is required for this position. No phone calls from candidates or third parties please.