Opportunities with Alter's Partner Companies
About Kreyol Essence
Kreyol Essence (KE) makes natural + ethical beauty products with ingredients from Haiti. Our signature ingredient is Haitian Black Castor Oil as well as Moringa Oils. Kreyol Essence products are formulated specifically for those with dry hair, dry skin and curly hair. As a social business, we create work for over 300 farmers and women, plant to conserve the environment and seek to empower the women who craft our products and the women who use them.
Scope of Work Overview
Kreyol Essence is seeking a Marketing Manager execute and add to the company’s marketing plan with a focus on digital and content creation that educates and engages the Kreyol Essence Tribe. The Marketing Manager + Coordinator will work closely with the CEO and COO to achieve goals. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, creative, culturally informed, motivated, and can design and work well with others. This is an implementer position, so execution is key.
This job description is not a comprehensive listing and is subject to change at any time and will include other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Create, deliver, edit, and optimize marketing materials for website, social media, and print.
- Manage external communication partners and coordinate flow of information and content according to marketing plan/strategy.
- Take and edit videos and photos for social media and to tell the KE story. When necessary, work with outside videographer and photographer for larger projects.
- Design email content, web and print marketing collateral including (sales deck, website, box packaging, print material for tradeshow, inserts for signature products as needed). When necessary, manage design partners for special projects.
- Work with digital marketer to review goals and oversee execution of digital strategy as well as implement as necessary.
- Work to ensure social media is on brand aesthetically and captions are engaging as well as connect with influencers for partnerships.
- Work with PR consultant to craft pitches and send to publications.
- 2+ years’ marketing, advertising and graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Advertising
- Graphic Design using PhotoShop and InDesign
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Creative and Fun with the ability to understand branding + cultures
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Management experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- English, French, and/or Kreyol preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include ‘Marketing Manager” followed by your full name in the email subject line.