Strategic Initiatives Manager
Opportunities with Alter's Partner Companies
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary. Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Strategic Initiatives Manager We're looking for an exceptional leader who is excited to shape our ongoing efforts to create innovative and impactful services for thousands of informal retailers across Africa who use Sokowatch’s services. Your primary goal will be identifying high-impact new opportunities to add value to Sokowatch’s team and customers across operations, product, and finance while also improving existing practices. We are seeking someone who is passionate about solving problems from conception to implementation, and inspired by our mission to empower local entrepreneurs while transforming informal business across Africa.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with high-growth startups in emerging markets.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement strategies that drives business results.
- Strong communicator with the ability to elicit both feedback and outline new ideas
- Ability to understand complex business problems, effectively handle ambiguity and manage change.
- Positive attitude, inclusive approach to problem solving, with initiative to dive-in.
- A proven strategic and innovative bent with an equally strong operational focus.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
- Bonus: experience coding web & app systems, ability to speak Swahili/French
- Identify new opportunities to add value to customers and increase efficiency within Sokowatch’s team
- Uncover and address current bottlenecks to drive better business performance
- Interface with all users of Sokowatch’s systems to constantly improve the usefulness of our services
- Conduct hands-on customer research to clearly understand the value proposition and services needed to drive retailer growth
- Ensure strategic developments are aligned with business requirements and optimize company resources
- Closely track KPIs of initiatives to ensure continuous improvement
Application: Interested candidates should apply through this link.