General Manager at MFS Africa
Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Portfolio Ventures – Operations
We are looking for a proven General Manager to exercise sound leadership and strategic direction to build and grow our digital B2C business. You will build a team focused on rapid growth, work across multiple disciplines, and set the example with best-in-class capabilities and processes. You will apply your deep knowledge of mobile-focused services to expand our base of delighted loyal users, increase conversion, and help our customers transact with confidence.
We are looking for a skilled, seasoned, fast-learning and entrepreneurial leader to help innovate and execute our ambitious B2C plan, and who wants to be part of a top-tier team that seeks to fundamentally change consumer behaviour in Africa.
This position is based at our Sandton office in Johannesburg.
Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards action and customer focused innovation
Strong leadership capability with a track record in achieving superior results through teams
Ability to thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively and are a problem solver who can formulate solutions even when faced with unfamiliar situations.
Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills - able to level shift and manage the competing needs of multiple stakeholders
Exceptional analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity
Proven ability to push forward on multiple projects simultaneously
Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success
Work with innovative new technologies on the cutting edge of fintech.
Attractive package including performance bonus
Strong and collegial company culture with 20+ nationalities represented
Massive growth potential
Bring simple and relevant financial services to the developing world - make a difference!
- A degree in commerce, business management or similar. A post-graduate qualification is an added advantage
- At least 10 years work experience, with 5+ years of consumer mobile/app product management and multi-disciplinary team engagement
- Demonstrated track record of building consumer products that excite users and drive high-impact results
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus; so is a good eye for design and UX
- Pan-African exposure, experience and expertise are invaluable
- Define, drive, and deliver on our B2C strategy and contribute to overall strategic decision making
- Establish shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Build and lead an organisation spread over many markets, across various disciplines
- Define metrics that inform the success of our initiatives and products, monitor performance and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Deeply understand user needs, pain points, and behaviours, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that align to company goals
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid, using your creativity and pragmatism to find solutions
- Effectively manage relationships with the executive team and external stakeholders
- Manage programme budgets and expenditure in line with corporate frameworks and compliance