Lead Software Engineer
Opportunities with Alter's Partner Companies
Yalu has become a major force to be reckoned with in the credit life insurance industry. We are disrupting the industry and have set our sights on becoming a key player in shaping the industry to provide a fair deal for customers. We are using the latest technologies to deliver a cutting-edge platform that makes the take up process for our products the fastest in the market. If you are looking to join an exciting and vibrant environment and want to contribute towards building a gamechanger in this industry, this is a great opportunity for you to apply your skills.
The lead software engineer will serve as a lead developer and data analyst who will be responsible for leading development team in data analysis, design, build, test and implement functionalities for various business projects. This role also includes supporting existing applications, enhancing existing applications, and implementing new features and functionality. The candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating work with in-hose development team as well as co-ordinating with external service providers for software development. The lead software engineer will partner with business and project managers and QA team throughout the SDLC of projects for successful implementation. The candidate for this role will be expected to understand the business requirement documents to design and architect the processes and document the technical specification, test cases and deployment
- AWS desired
- 5+ years professional experience as a full-stack software developer
- In-depth knowledge of automated deployments through Git.
- Thorough understanding of relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL and Dynamo DB.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with ability to analyze business requirements to determine process flow, user requirements and inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
- Strong problem-solving skill with the ability to analyze and break down a problem to identify root cause.
- Experience with Agile methodology a plus.
- Ability to work with both technical staff and business partners to translate requirements into technical implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree desired
Are you an enthusiastic Leader looking for a great opportunity within a cool, young company that is taking the Insurance industry head-on? We have a rewarding opportunity for you to contribute towards building this game changing brand. If you are comfortable with taking this initiative, open to learning and having fresh ideas to contribute to the team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org