Vice President of Engineering
Opportunities with Alter's Partner Companies
ABOUT PATHAO: Pathao is the fastest growing technology company in Bangladesh. It provides a ridesharing and on-demand delivery experience. The company’s co-founder is a World Economic Forum Global Shaper, executives in the C-suite include Uber and Goldman alums, and the firm is backed by Indonesian ride-hailing behemoth Go-Jek.
Ride sharing is a huge opportunity in a country with no legacy taxi industry, a capital city (Dhaka) with both the densest population and the worst traffic in the world and a surging middle class powered by sustained 7% year-over-year GDP growth.
THE ROLE: We’re looking for an experienced engineering lead who can help us scale to the next level. With a rapidly growing user base, our product is outgrowing the technology that powers it, and we want an engineering leader who can help us scale.
Role and Responsibilities
- Scale the platform
- Standardize application development and deployment practices
- Lead existing team of 50 engineers
- Grow and mentor the engineering orgImplement best practices and methodologies for product development
- Evangelize new technologies and oversee adoption
- Influence organizational changes to optimize for productivity and seamless delivery
- Influence product roadmap and strategic decisions
- 5-10 years of engineering experience, including 2-3 years as a people manager of 5-15 developers
- Work experience from companies that operate at scale
- Understand microservices architecture. Bonus points for being a software architect
- Have solid grasp of cloud-native computing, containerization and orchestration technologies
- Understand distributed systems capable of handling workloads asynchronously
- Desire to make a massive impact in Bangladesh and beyond
- Willing to work from our offices in Dhaka
- Attractive compensation, equity, and relocation package
- Mentorship from Alter Global
The evaluation process will include interviews with members of both the Alter team and Pathao team, as well as a technical skills evaluation.