Chief Financial Officer
Opportunities with Alter's Partner Companies
Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing organization that is building a cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, and up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics, compared to 6% in the US.
Lori’s tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain management system brings transparency and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (savings upwards of 18%). The company has experienced 30% month-over-month compounded growth since product launch in May 2017.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. The company won Techcrunch’s 2017 Battlefield Africa.
The Lori team of ~90 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
● Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
● Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
● Fredrik Johansson, Head of Ops: COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, MSc in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
● S. Andrew Musoke, Head of Commercial: VP (Sales) at JP Morgan; Harvard MBA, Ugandan native
● Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
We are seeking a talented Chief Financial Officer to be a key member of Lori’s executive team and play a critical role in the overall management of the company. As CFO, you’ll be committed not just to financial success, but to mission fulfillment. The successful CFO will deliver a finance organization that gets the numbers right and be a partner in shaping & executing the company’s strategy. As CFO, you’ll have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting and finance, with a focus on charting our financial course for the next 5yrs and beyond.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to the Head of Recruitment at: Lino@lorisystems.com
For more details visit Lori's website: https://www.lorisystems.com/careers
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage capital raises and budgeting processes
- Optimize transaction processing systems and record keeping
- Define new products and markets to deliver the greatest promise for revenue and margin growth
- Organize and structure financing of key investments and initiatives to generate competitive advantage
- Analyze structures (e.g. business models; legal and tax entities; onshore, offshore) and processes (automation, build vs. buy, etc.) that enable competitive advantage and deliver superior market valuation and returns
- Build and manage accounting, investor relations, legal, and tax teams
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- 10+ yrs. experience in a senior financial managerial position
- Strong and up to date knowledge of current financial & accounting systems
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, quantitative & organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior leadership teams, deliver on various projects, perform well under pressure, and excel in providing reliable and clear communication
- Degree in finance, economics, accounting or related field
- CPA designation preferred
- Fintech and/or banking experience preferred