Lingerie Product Developer
São Paulo, Brazil
Products & Sourcing – Fashion Design & Development
AMARO is a digitally native fashion brand that sells the latest trends at disruptive prices. AMARO sells omnichannel on amaro.com and in digitally immersive brick-and-mortar Guide Shops.
AMARO is hiring a talented and experienced Lingerie Product Developer to support the creation and growth of AMARO's the lingerie category. You have extensive experience with this product category both in design, technical development and supplier sourcing. You are passionate about fashion and want to be part of a new brand, trying to revolutionize the market.
Make sure to check out https://amaro.comto get a sense of what we are building at AMARO.
- Develop all Lingerie products at AMARO;
- Create and communicate technical packs (fichas técnicas) to suppliers;
- Proactively drive the approval timelines on lap dips, strike offs, trim, bulk fabric and fitting confirmation;
- Identify professional suppliers with a track record of producing differentiated products. Build relationships quickly;
- Organize and participate in all fittings for Lingerie and document modifications in detail for suppliers. Managing product quality and getting customer feedback;
- Register all products in the company's ERP and place orders;
- Develop the category over time;
- Negotiate and confirm individual product quality, purchase quantity, cost and delivery with suppliers;
- Ensure delivery of high standard products looking at price point, quality, formulas, colours and packaging. Responsible for driving and maintaining high quality standards;
- Provide clear communication, coaching and training to the Buyer Assistant to maximise their performance and development;
- Monitor production progress to ensure key dates are met by the department and the supplier;
- Execute a merchandise assortment plan that supports the financial and merchandising objectives set by Category Manager;
- Research the market and study competitors;
- Review weekly sales performance to identify potential product opportunities.
- Experience at a Lingerie brand. Deep understanding of the market and main players;
- Experience in Lingerie development. Deep understand of modeling, fabrics and trims;
- Good analytical and technical skills;
- Ability to negotiate and network;
- Ability to understand and act upon financial retail indicators such as sales, gross margin, inventory, STR and turn;
- Buying Experience in a speciality retail environment;
- Education: Degree in fashion design or related degree;
- Extensive supplier list and and solid relationship with them are a plus;
- Systems: Advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop;
- Prior experience with an ERP (Linx, Millennium, TOTVS/Protheus);
- Level of English: Advanced.
- Extremely organized and committed;
- Hands-on “make it happen” personality with a desire to build something to be proud of;
- Customer focused mindset;
- Quick learner, problem solver and naturally curious;
- Willingness to go the extra mile;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills and authority vis-a-vis suppliers;
- Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results.
At AMARO we believe creativity and technology are limitless, allowing us to innovate beyond linearity. We seek fearless entrepreneurs who are hungry to change the status quo. We are not fixers but enjoy to collaboratively build from the ground up. We only engage where we foresee long-term scalability. We like to take smart risks and always opt for action over 100% certainty. There has never been a more exciting time than today and we are enthusiastic about the future we are creating.
We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include phone interviews, practical tests, on-site interviews and case study. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.