Head of Assortment
São Paulo, Brazil /
Fashion Design & Assortment – Category Management /
AMARO is an omni-channel destination where customers can discover and buy a broad assortment from cool brands that match their lifestyle. Headquartered in São Paulo, our mission is to make it easy and delightful for all digitally minded consumers to find products that fit their lives and values.
Born in Brazil with global ambition, we design for how we believe the world should be, not what it is today. We are always growing together with our teams. It takes a more honest, accessible and clever approach to build our products and our customer experience. We are committed to understanding people's lives. It's in our DNA!
AMARO is seeking a Head of Assortmtent to join our executive team to build a top of mind omni-channel destination where customers can discover and buy a broad products from cool wearable trends that match their lifestyle, focusing on hiqh quality, sustainable origin and fair prices. This person will report to CEO and COO.
Make sure to check out https://next.amaro.com/ to get a sense of what we are building at AMARO.
What you'll do:
- Lead the design, category management, buying and development chapters in creating strong product assortments that deliver on AMARO’s goals and brand positioning
- Motivate, coach and inspire the whole tribe to drive for results. Act as a role model and as a solution-oriented, entrepreneurial leader. Create and maintain a learning environment where the development of all employees is a priority
- Build strong relationships within the company and work cross functionally (e.g. with marketing and merchandising teams) to achieve sales and profit targets, meet customer demand and align communication
- Build relationships with existing and new suppliers and support team members in negotiations to achieve price, quality and margin targets
- Develop and lead the overall vision and strategy for AMARO’s assortment
- Set the Tribe’s strategy and the seasonal strategies per category to deliver the company’s goals and provide an exciting customer experience online and in Guide Shops
- Ensure we are offering the optimal product assortment at all times while also meeting the company’s financial targets
- Identify and have a point of view on trends, consumer insights and target segments
- Drive research and analysis of upcoming market trends and competitive product offerings to identify opportunities
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of the industry’s competitive landscape and AMARO customer base. Use research, data and analysis to identify emerging opportunities for product and assortment innovation
- Maintain financial accountability for the Tribe. Partner with Category Growth team and Finance to establish sales, margin, and buy plans by category across all channels
What you have previously done:
- Managed Assortment/Products area in a fashion brand as a business leader in major business-driving functions
- Inspired, coached and lead teams, optimizing for performance and growth of the whole team
- Cooperated effectively to maintain and develop trustful relationships within and outside the company
- Developed advanced analytical and commercial skills to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Developed profound consumer, market and retail knowledge, including strong network of suppliers in Brazil and abroad
- Accumulated knowledge on financial measurements and how to impact them
- Designed assortment strategies, from the concept to implantation, articulating a vision that is shareable by all stakeholders
What your qualifications are:
- College degree, preferably in marketing/business/fashion
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the industry
- Minimum of 5 years of management including team leadership
- Strong communication skills in Portuguese and English
Who you are & your beliefs:
- Personality: You are smart, humble, hard-working and collaborative.
- Determination: You are hungry to challenge the status quo and have the drive to get it done.
- Vision: You think big, craft a compelling vision and inspire others to follow you.
- Master of multiple domains: You bridge the gap between business, technology and people.
- Friendly but direct: Others enjoy working with you because you are optimistic and transparent.
- Lead and coach: You attract the best talent because people want to work and learn from you.
- Do the right thing: You believe the planet is our responsibility and take positions.
Imagine if your job could impact millions of people's lives in a global scope. Along the journey, we are always looking for smart, humble, hard working and collaborative people who want to learn different skills, share their knowledge and grow together. We bridge the gap between business, technology and people and we always do the right thing.
We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include phone interviews, practical tests, on-site interviews, and a case study. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.