Java Back-end Developer
São Paulo, Brazil
Engineering & Product – Engineering
AMARO is a digitally native brand that innovates through technology and creativity to change the way people relate to fashion.
AMARO is seeking an experienced Java back-end developer to join the Engineering department's growing back-end team. You will report to the Back-End Lead but in your day-to-day work side-by-side with the front-end, mobile, ERP and QA teams.
Engineering Department applies Agile methodology through frameworks like Scrum and Kanban generating autonomous and empowered team structures, responsible for the e2e process, from the design to performance monitoring phase.
Make sure to check out https://next.amaro.com/ to get a sense of what we are building at AMARO.
What you'll do:
- Develop new features and integrations for SAP Commerce in Java Spring
- Architect integrations and back-end features
- Review software developed by colleagues and ensure quality and scalability
- Write software tests
What you have previously done:
- Proven experience developing back-end software in Java Spring, developing and maintain existing workflows
- Experience with development practices like design standards, unit tests, code review, clean code and continuous integration/deployment
- The ideal candidate is highly technical and values high-quality code that scales well
- Experience working with Agile methodology frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean)
- Experience with application performance optimization and security
- eCommerce modules/functionalities knowledge
What your qualifications are:
- Education: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
- Technologies: Java, Spring, JVM, SQL, Ehcache
- Advanced level of English (Technical Documents and Meetings with Remote Teams)
Who you are & your beliefs:
- Highly analytical and focused
- Passion for technology, e-commerce and startups
- Entrepreneurial and proactive
At AMARO we believe creativity and technology are limitless, allowing us to innovate beyond linearity. We seek fearless entrepreneurs who are hungry to change the status quo. We are not fixers, instead, we enjoy to collaboratively build from the ground up. We only engage where we foresee long-term scalability. We like to take smart risks and always opt for action over 100% certainty. There has never been a more exciting time than today and we are enthusiastic about the future we are creating.
We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include phone interviews, practical tests, on-site interviews, and a case study. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
At AMARO you will experience:
Growth: Be a part of a fast-growing digital startup with a global scope
Learning: Be challenged and learn every day
Culture: Dynamic and horizontal work environment with exceptionally smart people that make fast decisions
Impact: Be part of high-impact projects that impact millions of people's lives
Technology: Access to the world's best software and technology available in the market
Perks: Employee benefits, continuous education, team member discounts on AMARO products, etc.