Sustainability & Social Impact Lead
São Paulo, Brazil
Cross-Teams – Cross-Teams
AMARO is a digitally native brand that innovates through technology and creativity to change the way people relate to fashion.
We're looking for a Sustainability & Social Impact Lead to own and drive environmental & social sustainability at AMARO. Sustainability is broad: we focus on driving change that will help scale the business and gain competitive advantage, while also delivering genuine impact for people and the planet. We recognise sustainability must be core to AMARO's business strategy and operations, not something we do on the side for marketing. Your work will range from improving our environmental impact, inspire our customers to buy better products and engage our suppliers to modernize quickly. You will innovate a more circular business model and champion change both internally and externally. This effort is in its infancy but has real momentum with a highly engaged team. You will report to the CEO.
What you'll do:
- Own environmental and social sustainability across the company;
- Continuously drive and motivate the entire company and create a bottom-up culture;
- Dive deep into AMARO’s supply chain, materials use, packaging, and overall practices;
- Further improve AMARO's inventory by reducing and eventually eliminating the usage of harmful materials;
- Work with specialized consulting groups to develop details of traceability, measurability and certification;
- Hold internal workshops for all tribes and chapters to spread best practices and action plans;
- Write a visually immersive quarterly sustainability report;
- Bring overall and product-level transparency to our customers so they can make informed choices;
- Turn AMARO into a B Corp by the end of 2020;
- Represent AMARO in interviews, talks, roundtables, etc.
What you have previously done:
- Have extensive experience and know-how in environmental sustainability from ideation to execution;
- Possess global experience either by working outside of Brazil or on international projects.
- Possess extensive project management in multi-disciplinary organization units;
- Have experience working in a digital company that strives to disrupt the market and itself;
- Fluent in English.
Who you are & your beliefs:
- Personality: You are smart, humble, hard-working and collaborative;
- Determination: You are hungry to challenge the status quo and have the drive to get it done;
- Vision: You think big, craft a compelling vision and inspire others to follow you;
- Master of multiple domains: You bridge the gap between business, technology and people;
- Friendly but direct: Others enjoy working with you because you are optimistic and transparent;
- Lead and coach: You attract the best talent because people want to work and learn from you;
- Do the right thing: You believe the planet is our responsibility and take positions.
At AMARO we believe creativity and technology are limitless, allowing us to innovate beyond linearity. We seek fearless entrepreneurs who are hungry to change the status quo. We are not fixers, instead, we enjoy to collaboratively build from the ground up. We only engage where we foresee long-term scalability. We like to take smart risks and always opt for action over 100% certainty. There has never been a more exciting time than today and we are enthusiastic about the future we are creating.
We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include phone interviews, practical tests, on-site interviews, and a case study. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
At AMARO you will experience:
Growth: Be a part of a fast-growing digital startup with a global scope
Learning: Be challenged and learn every day
Culture: Dynamic and horizontal work environment with exceptionally smart people that make fast decisions
Impact: Be part of high-impact projects that impact millions of people's lives
Technology: Access to the world's best software and technology available in the market
Perks: Employee benefits, continuous education, team member discounts on AMARO products, etc.