Product Developer - Imported Apparel
São Paulo, Brazil
Products & Sourcing – Fashion Design & Development
AMARO is a digitally native fashion brand that sells the latest trends at disruptive prices. AMARO sells omnichannel on amaro.com and in digitally immersive brick-and-mortar Guide Shops.
AMARO is seeking a Fashion Developer to join the Global Apparel team. You will report to the Global Apparel Category Manager, but in your day-to-day activities you will work side by side with the Products team.
Prior experience developing women apparel with Asian suppliers and tech packs in English is required. The ideal candidate is highly organized, creative and good understanding of the design process involved within the fashion environment, understanding apparel and image aesthetics, fashion consumer spending, target markets, and the role of textiles and clothing within the global economy. This professional will develop AMARO's imported apparel at the quality level that pleases our consumers.
Make sure to check out https://amaro.comto get a sense of what we are building at AMARO.
- Follow up weekly sales, markup, releases and real inventory;
- Research and propose new products;
- Define assortment according to OTB with Category Manager;
- Send the pre-order with final comments, quantity and delivery dates;
- Negotiate prices;
- Participate actively in the collection assortment definition;
- Define the construction of product trims (type and size of zippers, buttons, metal hank, laces, ribbons, etc.);
- Follow up collection costs according to budget;
- Send the developments to suppliers;
- Approve lab dips;
- Do the development sheets with all information (price, quantity and product details);
- Follow up fitting and ensure the comfort and fit of all products;
- Send emails with comments and photos after fitting;
- Update the Cost Database spreadsheet after product release to ensure markup and prices goal;
- Ensure that all information in the Cost Database spreadsheet is entirely correct;
- Follow the negotiation and final price for each process developed;
- Ensure that all products will be delivered on time;
- Prepare the weekly collection report;
- Do the analysis and reports of Collection Performance;
- Fill the spreadsheet database of the collection;
- Fill the spreadsheet Cost Database with all products, raw materials, and information about the products.
- Experience: 4-year experience with imported garment development;
- Education: Fashion Design or Fashion Business;
- Systems: Corel or Illustrator is a plus;
- Excel: Advanced;
- Level of English: Fluent.
- Team player;
- Good communication skills;
- Problem solver.
At AMARO we believe creativity and technology are limitless, allowing us to innovate beyond linearity. We seek fearless entrepreneurs who are hungry to change the status quo. We are not fixers but enjoy to collaboratively build from the ground up. We only engage where we foresee long-term scalability. We like to take smart risks and always opt for action over 100% certainty. There has never been a more exciting time than today and we are enthusiastic about the future we are creating.
We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include phone interviews, practical tests, on-site interviews and case study. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.