Engineering Team Lead
Engineering Department – Software Engineering Team /
Full Time /
At Amaze Software, Inc., we are constantly working towards creating the most unique work environment in tech. We care deeply about diversity and energy. Our Passion is to bring together a community of people who have a love for product, technology, and a drive to change the world of e-commerce and design. We encourage everyone who has this passion and energy to apply and we are open to all backgrounds and experiences that are relevant to our openings and strategy. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, we know the best talent comes from passionate people who care deeply. We would love to hear from you!
At Amaze our mission is to empower anyone to create a beautiful shopping experience. We create the most innovative technology that combines the best marketing and design software that can be integrated anywhere. Our designs will power commerce on every platform in the world. If you can imagine it, we will help you create it and share it with the world. One idea turned into a beautiful design at a time.
Amaze was launched in 2011 as a Creative Studio and we quickly realized that the technology needed to design online was not available. After many years and an amazing amount of experience working with some of the world's best brands, we launched Amaze Pro in 2018. Since then our mission has been to help businesses of all sizes create beautiful content that powers your shopping experience. Recently we have focused on more tools that allow for seamless integration of our platform into every domain in the world.
Amaze is a mobile eCommerce marketing platform that empowers merchants to captivate their customers through immersive, high-impact, mobile shopping experiences. We make it easy to quickly create and customize selling pages with little to no technical expertise required. We believe that the future of eCommerce is mobile, and we strive to give brands the ability to target their unique audiences, cultivate a deeper connection with their customers and sell their products in the best way possible.
About the role
As an Engineering Team Lead you will coach, mentor and grow an engineering team that is focused on delivering high quality code, designing and implementing sustainable architecture, and supporting a culture of engineering excellence. At Amaze we strive to “lead by example”, and you will be pivotal as a role model and instigator of best engineering practices, scalable design, and rigorous standards. This role requires you to be hands-on and in the code. You will have strong experience in helping to shepherd ideas from concept through completion, ensuring engineering concerns are communicated, that the health and scalability of the codebase is prioritized, while contributing to a culture of collaboration, positive feedback, and continual learning.
What you’ll do
- Running the team rituals required for smooth operation of your team (sprints, retros, etc.)
- Leading the engineers on your team in the delivery of value aligned to the engineering roadmap
- Regularly communicating with the relevant Engineering Director to ensure your team is continually aligned with the business priorities, the engineering architecture, and engineering best practices
- Coach, mentor and grow your engineering teamContributing code to the team code domain on a regular basis, and contributing to the delivery of team projects, as is the responsibility of all team members
- Reviewing code from your team members, as is the responsibility of all team members
- In collaboration with the product team, defining scope of projects on the roadmap that are to be done by their team, and building implementation plans for these projects
- Contribute to and review technical design documents, proactively seeking and offering peer review to ensure your teams are prioritizing system design and building thoughtfully architected code
- Seek to understand the problem that needs to be solved from multiple perspectives, and consider the pros and cons of alternative solutions and different approaches. You make sure to understand the why of a task, and that your teams are solving the right problem in the right way
- Collaborate with other engineers on overall improvements to our dev loop, documentation and build tools
- Be clear, proactive and constructive in giving feedback and facilitating a culture of peer review
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in technical people leadership and mentorship of junior and senior engineers
- Experience working in diverse teams with varieties of professional backgrounds
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications
- Software Engineering or Computer Science (or related) education preferred
- Has experience championing agile processes
- Has experience working with other engineers in rigorous software development review practices
- Has written and reviewed design documents, and can champion and drive scalable and maintainable code practices
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to break down large projects into smaller tasks, to bring clarity and focus to the team and others
- Collaborative working style and the good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong system design skills. Has experience designing commercial cloud applications at scale.
- Experience across the entire software development lifecycle and stack, including infrastructure, frontend and backend.
- 3+ years of professional development experience using modern languages such as Python and NodeJS
- Experience with React, NextJS, GraphQL or Netlify are a plus
- Experience leading engineering teams with a track record of successful delivery
- Has strong people skills and can successfully mentor, motivate, and inspire an engineering team
- Familiarity with distributed and highly available systems at scale. Experience designing and developing APIs.
- Is willing to advocate for their teams, work to build an inclusive and diverse culture and be willing to suggest solutions to problems that our engineers face in their day to day work.
- *Must be physically located in Poland and comfortable working hybrid out of our office in Warsaw, Poland
- Competitive salary
- Company Stock/Option Plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Competitive HealthPlan and Company Benefits and Perks.
Amaze is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a hybrid remote/in-office, international team with multiple office spaces in the U.S. where employees can work and collaborate together, attend large-scale meetings, and host creator events. Our passion is to bring together a community of people who have a love for product, technology, and a drive to change the world of e-commerce and design.
We encourage everyone who has this passion and energy to apply. We are open to all backgrounds and experiences relevant to our openings and strategy. We are out-of-the-box thinkers. We know the best talent comes from passionate people. If that sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
If you need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies. Amaze Software and Holding companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee’s eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee’s Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.