Cincinnati, OH /
Accounting – Accounting /
Amaze Software, Inc.
Amaze is the parent company to several organizations. www.amaze.co, www.spri.ng and a growing managed services business that integrates personalization technology into the largest e-commerce stores like Walmart.
Amaze provides creator success solutions, including a merchandising platform, advanced commerce design application, and scalable managed services to help anyone sell anything, anywhere. We believe anyone can be a creator and that everyone should be empowered to tell their unique story, cultivate deeper connections with their customers, and create authentic, shoppable experiences that allow them to monetize their passion. We’re on a mission to unleash potential and make it easy to create, share, and sell products and services.
Amaze is looking for an Assistant Controller to be responsible for establishing and maintaining the company’s overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. They will direct all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports. They will be responsible for presenting findings and recommendations to management. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
What we're looking for
- Experience in Managing processes
- Financial software (Netsuite experience a must)
- Developing standards in accounting and finance
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget vs actuals and delivering timely reporting
- Financial skills and proficiency in three-way financial statements
- Analyzing information with key abilities for spotting trends
- Developing budgets, by department, and running a 90-Day Rolling Forecast process
- Performance management for team
What you'll do
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and financial analysis to track performance.
- Monitoring Cash through daily cash forecasting, cash flow analysis and controlling the inflow and outflow of cash.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data to provide recommendations.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Using tools effectively to automate processes for daily activities, month-end activities and other tasks to limit manual and repetitive tasks.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and performance managing employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Company Stock/Option Plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Competitive HealthPlan
- Company Benefits and Perks.
Amaze is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our current and future employees, and we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a hybrid remote/in-office, international team with multiple office spaces in the U.S. where employees can work and collaborate together, attend large-scale meetings, and host creator events. Our passion is to bring together a community of people who have a love for product, technology, and a drive to change the world of e-commerce and design.
We encourage everyone who has this passion and energy to apply. We are open to all backgrounds and experiences relevant to our openings and strategy. We are out-of-the-box thinkers. We know the best talent comes from passionate people. If that sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
If you need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies. Amaze Software and Holding companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee’s eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee’s Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.