Partnerships Marketing Manager
Amber is a new way to buy power, designed for a world powered by renewable energy. We give customers direct access to the real-time wholesale electricity price as it varies every 30 mins and the technology to shift more of their energy usage to the times when cheaper renewables are available in the grid. It’s a cheaper way to buy power and the fastest way for Australia to reach 100% renewable energy.
We are growing rapidly and have thousands of customers who love what we are doing and a great product that will play a significant role in driving Australia towards a renewable future. We are backed by Australia’s leading VCs including Square Peg Capital, Giant Leap (Impact Investment Group) and Black Sheep Capital. We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to real scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of 50+ with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
💻 About the Role
As the Partnerships Marketing Manager you will be taking ownership of partner marketing, helping to build our marketing engine to rapidly take Amber to 100,000+ customers. You’ll start with leading the relationship with our core strategic partner CommBank, and then expand to contribute to Amber’s outcomes with additional strategic partners and partner programs.
A large portion of Australians are CommBank customers and the partnership is a significant opportunity to bring the CommBank audience on the journey to 100% renewables at scale, helping fast-track Australia’s sustainable transition as a result. You’ll lead large Amber & CommBank campaigns and programs, managing end-to-end from announcement, to build and launch, to measurement and reporting. The partnership encompasses above-the-line awareness & education initiatives through to conversion-focused promotions with compelling and unique offers. These offerings include affordable financing options to accelerate adoption of EVs, home batteries, solar, and smart devices - advancing towards the future of the electrified and automated green home.
Alongside the CommBank partnership, you’ll continue to develop the core vision and strategy to scale up more partnerships across the marketing funnel, with the goal to strengthen the Amber brand and drive user acquisition. You’ll prioritise across proactive co-marketing opportunities and inbound partnership offers to identify the right partners for maximum impact. You’ll evolve all partnerships and partner types over time to increase contribution to the marketing mix and to drive the strongest return.
You’ll report directly to the CMO and will be a key member of the marketing team.
🔑 Key Responsibilities
- Lead the holistic relationship between CommBank and Amber to drive growth
- Establish a tiered strategy across partnerships to dramatically scale up partner marketing impact on brand and acquisition outcomes
- Manage new priority, strategic partners from partnership design to onboarding to launch
- Drive hands-on day-to-day management of partner marketing activity, focusing on CommBank, from beginning to end, including campaign and creative/content plus testing and reporting
- Collaborate across the Amber marketing team to deliver high-performing campaigns and creative for partner channels
- Work with the Data teams to establish clear partner marketing measurement and tracking
- Work closely with our Operations and Product teams to manage partner technical integrations and partner offer enablement
👋 About You
- You have 5+ years experience working in high-performing marketing/growth teams
- You have experience in partnerships management, partner marketing, brand marketing, or digital marketing, and collaborating closely with biz and tech functions
- You can build ambitious strategies and plans for partnerships with strong commercials
- You are an expert at building productive inter-company relationships across orgs big and small, and are skilled at managing external stakeholders
- You are an expert project manager who can build and land multiple, big projects on time
- You have core marketing prowess - understanding audiences and the user journey, translating insights into impactful strategy and creative, and distilling marketing metrics and feedback into improvements
- You thrive in uncertain situations but are always trying to put structure around things and have sound prioritisation skills
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to explain, argue, and convince others about your ideas in both verbal and written formats
- We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of over 50 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
- Competitive salary and shares in Amber. Flexible salary depending on experience.
- Be part of a growing technology startup that will shape the future of renewable energy in AU
- Exciting coworking location in the CBD
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangements
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Nul)
- Equitable gender neutral parental leave policies
- An external Employee Assistance Plan for mental health support
- Annual Learning & Development budget to support your personal growth
This is a full time role based in Melbourne. Due to Covid, we mostly work from home, with a few days a week catching up in a co-working space in the CBD when possible. We expect to remain Melbourne based but maintain flexibility between the office and WFH.
✍️How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via the link below.
1. From what you see publicly about Amber and CommBank, what do you feel is the strongest opportunity for the partnership and why?
2. Tell us a bold new partnership that you’d love to launch if you were offered this role.