Resident Data Scientist
Engineering – Platform
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are a Series-A company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
As a Resident Data Scientist at Ambient, you will take broad ownership of all things data at Ambient (and we have massive amounts of video and textual data). Your three primary responsibilities would be: Managing the collection and annotation of massive computer vision datasets; Identifying and measuring KPIs for the success of the product, and building systems and processes for ensuring data privacy and compliance.
- Own the data infrastructure for collecting and managing large volumes of video data
- Manage the end-to-end process and timeline of video data acquisition both from our field data and external data sources
- Coordinate a team of video data annotators, ensure data quality and proper data formatting
- Deep dive into our rich data pool to discover new insights into both the performance of our machine learning models, and customer usage / engagement
- Build compelling internal and customer-facing dashboards to visualize and explain key insights and metrics
- Build systems and processes to ensure data compliance and privacy
- BS / MS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- Strong background in analytics and statistics with 5+ years of experience in a data science or similar role
- Deep understanding of and experience with SQL, R, Python and / or other tools and languages to extract insights from massive amounts of data
- Familiarity with the Linux environment, especially an ability to use the shell effectively
- Ability to build tools to visualize, annotate and manage a large amount of video data
- Experience building dashboards and visualizing data for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
Our benefits include:
* Market-competitive salary plus equity
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Catered lunches (3 days/week)
* Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
* Employee referral bonus program
* Quarterly team offsites
* Awesome coworkers and prime University Avenue office location
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.